Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikpen14

C++2008 Redistributable

Guest mikpen14

I purchased the PMDG MD11 early this afternoon but I have not been able to install it yet. When I attempt to install it I run into the following message with the installer and it seems to have to do with the C++2008 redistributable file. "Unable to find a volume for file extraction. Please verify that you have proper permission" This is the message I typed to PMDG Support - Paul Yep, Im selecting "Extract All Files" in the zipped folder to unzip the exe. Once the new folder opens I am removing the exe from the folder and placing it on the desktop. (I have tried leaving it in the folder) I am then double clicking on the link and I receive the message "The following VS2008 64bit redistributable file may be required to run this PMDG product on this machine. Please install when prompted." I then press "OK" Once I press"OK" I get an Extraction Failed box pop up saying "Unable to find a volume for file extraction.Please verify that you have proper permission" I then click "OK" The installer opens and when I put in my information and then validate it I was getting that the information is invalid and the installer shut down, but I am now getting "Error Number: 0x800C0005Description: The system cannot locate the resource specified Setup will now terminate" I have tried to run the installer to the point where it does not detect a copy of FSX my XP machine and runs fine through the C++2008 bit. I only use the XP machine for ACARS and other addons. If anyone has run into this, or could help me out that would be great. I run a 64bit Vista Home Premium setup and run everything as Administrator. I have User Account Control turned off and have tried installing it with my firewall and antivirus turned off.

I purchased the PMDG MD11 early this afternoon but I have not been able to install it yet. When I attempt to install it I run into the following message with the installer andclicking on the link and I receive Unable to find a If anyone has run into this, or could help me out that would be great. I run a 64bit Vista Home Premium setup and run everything as Administrator. I have User Account Control turned off and have tried installing it with my firewall and antivirus turned off.
Had very simular problem. Had to do research on MS Home website to find answers. Tried to download version C++ 2008 for my computer but the download always crashed before finishing. My research turn up a complex answer. I had to TOTALY disable my McCafee virus software(very scary) and load a new version of NET 3.5. Then quickly download the C++2008 from the MS website. It tells you exactly when to immediately disconnect from the internet to complete installation. You have to follow instructions to the very detail. Once installed. Reactivate your virus protection program. McCafee has been know to block some of the script needed in the C++2008 programming. Your virus protection may be doing the same thing.Carl P

Guest mikpen14

Thanks madtun. I will give this a try and see how I make out. Thanks again

Guest mikpen14

I actuallly tried uninstall my AVG and then downloaded and tried to install .net 3.5 but I received the same messagefor it, aswell as the C++2008 setup."Unable to find a volume for file extraction.Please verify that you have proper permission"

Hey Michael,We're looking into this issue to find you a solution.Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?Thanks,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest mikpen14

Thanks Armen for looking into this for me. It is much appreciated.Here are my system specs.Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core LGA775ASUS P5K-E ATX LGA775EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 512MBCorsair 620W ATX MPSOCZ Gold XTC PCS-6400 4GBWestern Digital 500GB HDLogitech G15 Gaming KeyboardAcer 22" X223WBDLogitech Z-2300 Extreme THX

Guest mikpen14

AVG is my current antivirus/firewall software. When it was installed back in march 08 it installed C++ 8.0 Runtime Setup Package (x64).Could this be interferring with the C++ 2008 Redistributable files?