Sign in to follow this  
fushi

Again, MD-11 virtual cpckpit views

Dear Randazzo,Not only the problem of eyepoints and view angles, it seems there are serious conflicts or faults between Pre-Formatted Cockpit views settings.Entirely, cannnot use virtual cockpit views. Without the cockpit views, I cannnot normally use MD-11 itself!Or, have I mistaken something?Sincerely,Kan-ichiro FushiharaFSX + SP1 + SP2, Windows Vista 32bit

Dear Kan-ichiro,Please provide some screenshots of the issue you are experiencing.Thanks,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

My Preformatted Cockpit Views (PILOT INTRODUCTION 0.00.55) at EGLL GATE 212 (Tutorial Flight 1) are as follows:a )a.jpgb )b.jpgc )c.jpgd )d.jpge )e.jpgf )f.jpgg )g.jpgh )h.jpgi )i.jpgj )j.jpgPlease Help me,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Don't know what or how but clearly the VC is missing completely! Did you try a complete reinstall?

I looks to me like you are running out of Video memory. Please tell us what your system specs are? It is also a good idea to uninstall and reinstall the MD-11 and make sure you turn off any anti virus software when you do this reinstall.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks, I have found the cause of this trouble, the existence of the DBS WalkAndFollow.By disabling the WalkAndFollow, the Pre-Formatted views have normally displayed. However, PMDG 747-400X isn't in conflict with it??? This is more appreciative,Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

I would like to use WalkAndFollow on the MD-11, too. It's very usefull software to work the Cameras.I hope, with the next update, it will be possible to use WalkAndFollow on the MD-11.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Hi Kan-ichiro,You should be able to use W&F with the MD-11 - I suspect your issue looks like you are loading the W&F 747 views into the MD-11 which would explain the lack of VC, the 747 cockpit location relative to the aircraft midpoint is more forward and higher than the MD-11. You need to load W&F and move the viewpoint until you reach the MD-11 cockpit, then save these view settings. If this does not work you should contact W&F support for more assistance.Hope that helps.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hi Armen,Thank you for your kind advice.I have tried to change Cameras position on the MD-11. It seems that there is no one to one correspondence only between the cameras of MD-11 and of WalkAndFollow. On others (PMDG 747, LVLD 767 ATR 72-500 etc.), there is no problem.I will contact W&F support, too.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Hi Armen,Thank you for your kind advice.I have tried to change Cameras position on the MD-11. It seems that there is no one to one correspondence only between the cameras of MD-11 and of WalkAndFollow. On others (PMDG 747, LVLD 767 ATR 72-500 etc.), there is no problem.I will contact W&F support, too.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara
Hi!I will bet, that you are on the outside of the front window in VC with the camera.Scroll it back as much as you can, and you will come back in the seat in flightdeck.I use Active Camera, since I have Fs9.1 and I had the same probs in the beginning but I solved that by myself.Hope I have right. :( / Leffe

Hi Leif,Although I have tried as you just told me, there has been no change.To disable W&F, default moving keys are working normally. On the other hand, to enable W&F, default moving keys work only slowly; furthermore, W&F moving keys do not work and, therefore, the intentional camera position cannot be saved.I think W&F cannot cope particularly with MD-11I'm using also Active Camera on the FS2004 with no problem.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

It was my mistake to have taken 'check mark' off on setting 'Keyboard and Mouse propertoes' of the W&F.Then, the W&F moving keys began working again on the MD-11, but the state is abnormal just as before.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

I have found that MD-11 Aircraft.cfg [CameraDefinition.001 ~ 010 ] are overlapping with the FSX Cameras.CFG [CameraDefinition.001 ~ 011] without 004 (Locked Spot).Although I have deleted them and recovered the one to one correspondence between the Cameras of MD-11 and of WalkAndFollow, it's difficult (or impossible) to shift the coordinate axes of Camera.CFG [CameraDefinition 002] (Virtual cockpit) for only the MD-11.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara