Sign in to follow this  
Guest craneduitre

Antialias issue on FSX with my new PC

Guest craneduitre

Hi,I just received my new PC, and I experience a strange thing in FSX: Antialia does not work.If I uncheck the option in my FS config, it works fine (but aliased), if I check the antialias box, it's still not antialiased, andevery 10 seconds I have a black screen for 1 second. :( I have updated with the last drivers but still not working.Here is my config:Vista 64, FSX + Acc Pack, Q9550, ATI 4870 HD 1Go, catalyst 8.12.Did someone had/have this issue, or have a clue to resolve it ?Thanks a lot in advance for your help.Sebastien.

Hi,I just received my new PC, and I experience a strange thing in FSX: Antialia does not work.If I uncheck the option in my FS config, it works fine (but aliased), if I check the antialias box, it's still not antialiased, andevery 10 seconds I have a black screen for 1 second. :( I have updated with the last drivers but still not working.Here is my config:Vista 64, FSX + Acc Pack, Q9550, ATI 4870 HD 1Go, catalyst 8.12.Did someone had/have this issue, or have a clue to resolve it ?Thanks a lot in advance for your help.Sebastien.
I had a similar experience with MSI's 4870 1G card...after having Nvidia cards for quite a few years, I wanted to see how well the 4870 would perform. On my XP system, this card was pathetic. It didn't handle AA well at all...even at the highest settings. I did every setting possible and couldn't get satisfactory AA. Plus, FS9 loaded much more slowly, so I didn't even switch over to my other HD to check out FSX. I ended up taking out the 4870 and returning it to Mwave for a refund. I put my Nvidia 8800GT back in and things returned to normal. Now I'm eyeballing the Nvidia 280GTX 1G card :(

Guest djt01
I had a similar experience with MSI's 4870 1G card...after having Nvidia cards for quite a few years, I wanted to see how well the 4870 would perform. On my XP system, this card was pathetic. It didn't handle AA well at all...even at the highest settings. I did every setting possible and couldn't get satisfactory AA. Plus, FS9 loaded much more slowly, so I didn't even switch over to my other HD to check out FSX. I ended up taking out the 4870 and returning it to Mwave for a refund. I put my Nvidia 8800GT back in and things returned to normal. Now I'm eyeballing the Nvidia 280GTX 1G card :Big Grin:
I

I had a similar experience with MSI's 4870 1G card...after having Nvidia cards for quite a few years, I wanted to see how well the 4870 would perform. On my XP system, this card was pathetic. It didn't handle AA well at all...even at the highest settings. I did every setting possible and couldn't get satisfactory AA. Plus, FS9 loaded much more slowly, so I didn't even switch over to my other HD to check out FSX. I ended up taking out the 4870 and returning it to Mwave for a refund. I put my Nvidia 8800GT back in and things returned to normal. Now I'm eyeballing the Nvidia 280GTX 1G card :(
Hey Joe, what have you found the best driver to be for your 8800GT?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest craneduitre

It's a all new config, so I installed everything from scratch, OS included.Actually I just pluged the card, and installed the CD Driver, and then installed the last drivers from ATI Web site.The thing is that its working with disabling the antialias in FSX.So I did, and use the antialias settings from the catalyst control panel...But still, there is someting weird, it's supposed to work...

Guest pbsmgm

I realize going backwards is unpopular. However, I recommend using the Catalyst 8.10 for the 4870 series ATI cards until they can produce a better driver. Meaning, I have the 4870 X2 2GB, which has dual GPUs. I use the Catalyst 8.10 without any problems at all, ecpecially the blank screen problem. And as soon as I try the 8.11 or 8.12, I get the blank screen problems. So I am waiting for 8.13 and hopefully they fix these issues. In addition, if you go to guru3d.com, which is where you can download about any version easily, you will see that many people have this blank screen problem with the 4870. So yes, I am saying get rid of 8.12 and 8.11 and install 8.10 and it should fix that issue. Lastly, I always have antialiasing maxed out in both the ATI Catalyst and in FSX and have no problems.I built my own machine for reference: Asus P6T, i7-920, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 4870 X2 2GB

Guest craneduitre
I realize going backwards is unpoplular. However, I recommend using the Catalyst 8.10 for the 4870 series ATI cards until they can produce a better driver. Meaning, I have the 4870 X2 2GB, which has dual GPUs. I use the Catalyst 8.10 without any problems at all, ecpecially the blank screen problem. And as soon as I try the 8.11 or 8.12, I get the blank screen problems. So I am waiting for 8.13 and hopefully they fix these issues. In addition, if you go to guru3d.com, which is where you can download about any version easily, you will see that many people have this blank screen problem with the 4870. So yes, I am saying get rid of 8.12 and 8.11 and install 8.10 and it should fix that issue. Lastly, I always have antialiasing maxed out in both the ATI Catalyst and in FSX and have no problems.I built my own machine for reference: Asus P6T, i7-920, 6GB DDR3 RAM, 4870 X2 2GB
Thanks for your time and good adives. I'll downgrade and give it a try... :(

Guest djt01
I realize going backwards is unpopular. However, I recommend using the Catalyst 8.10 for the 4870 series ATI cards until they can produce a better driver. Meaning, I have the 4870 X2 2GB, which has dual GPUs. I use the Catalyst 8.10 without any problems at all, ecpecially the blank screen problem. And as soon as I try the 8.11 or 8.12, I get the blank screen problems. So I am waiting for 8.13 and hopefully they fix these issues.
Have you tried the 8.12 Hotfix drivers from ATI

Hey Joe, what have you found the best driver to be for your 8800GT?Noel
Well, I haven't tried the latest ones I see on the Nvidia website... 181.20. The previous set of drivers fixed quite a few things for me. I'm not at home at the moment to give you the specific driver version, but it was the one prior to 181.20. I've been happy with them but I may give the latest ones a try and see if there are any problems. If they don't work out, I can always strip these out and reinstall the previous ones.
I

Guest djt01
Well, I haven't tried the latest ones I see on the Nvidia website... 181.20.
I haven

Guest craneduitre
By the way unless we go to a 13 month year the new ATI drivers should be revision 9.1 not 8.13.
I have never heard about this patch !And never hear about the 9.1 driver as well :( On ati website the last catalyst for Vista 64 and 4800 Series is 8.12 :HereAny link ? I'll invertigate

Guest djt01
I have never heard about this patch !And never hear about the 9.1 driver as well On ati website the last catalyst for Vista 64 and 4800 Series is 8.12 :HereAny link ? I'll invertigate
I think you missed what I was trying to explain to you. The next driver release from ATI should be the 9.1

Guest craneduitre
I think you missed what I was trying to explain to you. The next driver release from ATI should be the 9.1's, not 8.13. The first part of the revision number is the year the second is the month. The nine (9) is for 2009, the one (1) is for the first month of year just like the eight (8) is for 2008 and the twelve (12) is for December which is when the 8.12's were released. Here is link to the 8.12 hotfix