Sign in to follow this  
Leffe

Help, I belived it would work. XP-64 pro, but NO

Hi!Just installed XP pro-64 bit on another partition on my HD today.I was quite certain it would be no problem, to use all PMDG AC on a XP pro 64, but no, it seems it dosent work for me. Just unconnected black gauges?Am I missing something? ...or do I have to make FS compatibel to an 32 bit? It

Hi!Just installed XP pro-64 bit on another partition on my HD today.I was quite certain it would be no problem, to use all PMDG AC on a XP pro 64, but no, it seems it dosent work for me. Just unconnected black gauges?Am I missing something? ...or do I have to make FS compatibel to an 32 bit? It

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Using XP 64 with no issues here so it isn't an XP64 issue. It sounds like it installs but you do not get active gauges. Is that correct? Have you tried re-selecting the MD to see if it initializes? Sometimes I have to load her twice as the first load will just be blank black gauges... How did you get black gauges if you couldn't install though? You say the installer did not run on XP64 but you also say you have black gauges so I am a bit confused....-P
Hi!You see, I did like this:1. My computer have 2 partition C and D....My XP 32 bit is installed on C2. My FS9 is installed on DA. Did a install of XP 64 to D B. After starting up my new OS XP 64 i can see both C and D But

It could be that you need to let the 64b OS have communications, then your install in that OS should work.

Dan Downs KCRP

It could be that you need to let the 64b OS have communications, then your install in that OS should work.
Yes Dan, I nearly guess that too!.....but my Provider for this Huawei USB modem E220 for USB, have only drivers for2000, XP 32, Vista 32, Vista 64....no one for XP 64 :( Therefore I tried to make a copy of my installer and move them to XP 64....BUT no luck without a connection or ?????? is it maybe another probs???It

I think the validation process is not transferrable across the divide between OS. The validation has to occur within the environment that it is operating.

Dan Downs KCRP

I think the validation process is not transferrable across the divide between OS. The validation has to occur within the environment that it is operating.
Yes Dan!...it maybe seem like that. I will se what I can do .... maybe try to get an connection just for some days.Maybe I can hire an wireless connection from some nearby, for some cash.Thanks for reply you guys :( / Leffe

Yes,I would agree with Dan,The MD would have to be installed in XP64 for XP64 to have all the necessary files and entries. Just because you can see a file across the Operating Systems does not mean it is necessarily going to run... You can test this with some other executables. Some will run some won't it is 50/50 at best unless you double install into XP64 as well, treat it like a completely separate OS altogether.What I do is install a lot of my scenery/apps into the same directory as XP 32 thoough. This way you have gone through the installation process in XP64 so XP64 is happy but the file is installed over the top of itself so it only resides on your hard drive(s) once.... Usually works like a charm.So for example:XP64 Drive D:XP32 Drive C:Scenery installed to C:\Addon Scenery on XP 32...Scenery installed to C:\Addon Scenery on XP 64 as well. So two physical installations to one spot from both XP32 and XP64 with a different pointer from both OS's... Hope that makes sense,Cheers,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yes,I would agree with Dan,The MD would have to be installed in XP64 for XP64 to have all the necessary files and entries. Just because you can see a file across the Operating Systems does not mean it is necessarily going to run... You can test this with some other executables. Some will run some won't it is 50/50 at best unless you double install into XP64 as well, treat it like a completely separate OS altogether.What I do is install a lot of my scenery/apps into the same directory as XP 32 thoough. This way you have gone through the installation process in XP64 so XP64 is happy but the file is installed over the top of itself so it only resides on your hard drive(s) once.... Usually works like a charm.So for example:XP64 Drive D:XP32 Drive C:Scenery installed to C:\Addon Scenery on XP 32...Scenery installed to C:\Addon Scenery on XP 64 as well. So two physical installations to one spot from both XP32 and XP64 with a different pointer from both OS's... Hope that makes sense,Cheers,-Paul

Thanks Paul!If I understand you right Paul, then I have everything as you have it (same dir. for OS 32 and 64).....but the exe file for PMDG has to be installed from XP 64 so it could be Validated, as I understand it......Right! Ok, I shall see what I can come up with (connection to the net in XP 64)Thanks again!/ Leffe

Hi!Ok, I have just found a driver for my mobil modem, an Hauawei USB E220. It was an tweakedVista 64 driver so it could be used for XP 64.So now I am online in XP 64......GREAT!Tomorrow I will try a new install of my PMDG aircrafts. :( Incredible that Huawei only do 64 Vista driver instead of only a 64 compatibel driver/ LeffeVery difficult to write on a Swedish keyboard in an English OS though.....

I just wikipedia'ed swedish keyboard and came up with nothing. How are they different from qwerty?

Dan Downs KCRP

I just wikipedia'ed swedish keyboard and came up with nothing. How are they different from qwerty?
Dan!All fanzy figure are on diffr places on my keyboard now, such as / ] - . ' @. * ^ $ #......and so on. I have to guess, or learn by memory werethose figures are. Then I'm also missing 3 letters in Swedish, because those dosen't exist in English. But what the heck, I could just goback to XP 32, cause it's a SE version. Then all is ok again.........Puhhh! Finally I installed all PMDG aircraft from the installer to XP 64 and everything seems to work. Have to make some flights later though./ Leffe :(

Hmm... interesting (keyboard).So glad you have install on XP 64 validated and running. Happy contrails!

Dan Downs KCRP