Sign in to follow this  
rservice

MD 11 FSX update

I have saved several flights and panel states under the initial release of the FSX MD11.I have noticed some anomalies when trying to use these since I installed the patch.Should I (a. Delete these flights and panel states,or (b. uninstall and reinstall.I'm using Vista home premium edition. Also the tutorial does not appear to be correct since the update was installed.Any suggestions welcome.Ron

Ron Service

I have saved several flights and panel states under the initial release of the FSX MD11.I have noticed some anomalies when trying to use these since I installed the patch.Should I (a. Delete these flights and panel states,or (b. uninstall and reinstall.I'm using Vista home premium edition. Also the tutorial does not appear to be correct since the update was installed.Any suggestions welcome.Ron
Ron,The update provided new preset panel state files to fix some minor issues (most important the APU not beeing connected properly in some panel states). If you have saved flights that were created using the original panel state presets, you should create and save new flights with the new presets. This applies to preflight state saved files. Flights saved after take-off should be working ok. I don't believe there are other incompatibility issues for flights saved before the update. What kind of anomalies have you noticed?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Ron,The update provided new preset panel state files to fix some minor issues (most important the APU not beeing connected properly in some panel states). If you have saved flights that were created using the original panel state presets, you should create and save new flights with the new presets. This applies to preflight state saved files. Flights saved after take-off should be working ok. I don't believe there are other incompatibility issues for flights saved before the update. What kind of anomalies have you noticed?
Thanks Michael, I believe as you say that only preflight states were affected, mainly delays in announcments of V1,rotate etc.I will redo the preflight files.RegardsRon

Ron Service