Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJake

FFX 732 airstairs

Guest JDH

I have seen a number of images showing the FFX 732 with airstairs deployed. (see the latest Thai Airways livery in the library for an example)How do you deploy the stairs? I have tried numorous key combinations, but no effect!Thanks in advance

I don't think the FFX 737 has airstairs, you're probably seeing the Yeodesigns which does.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

yep...it has airstairs.i believe you need to assign a "tailhook" command. i have mine set up as SHIFT-T and the airstairs come down.chris

Guest JDH

Strange, I have tried that, the scrolling text comes on screen "Tailhook lowering" but nothing happens. Have I missed a model update?

Guest JDH

Trust me, I can tell the difference between the FFX and the Yeodesigns aircraft!!!!! :-)

dang....ya know, it might be the command to fold the wings then. check for that one. again, you'll probably have to assign it.i havent fired up FS for a couple of days and i'm at work now with no way to check what the command is. sorry about the confusion. chris

Guest JDH

Think I tried that one too!!!!! :)Will have another attempt when I can!

Guest JDH

Well, I have both tailhook and fold wing commands assigned (for the MelJet 777) and no airstairs appear on my aircraft. It's no big deal of course, but it'd be nice if it worked. :(

Guest Van

You may actually need to go into you aircraft cfg and put in the lines below.[TailHook]tailhook_length=4tailhook_position=0.0, 0.0, 0.0cable_force_adjust=0.7[folding_wings]wing_fold_system_type=4 ;0=Nonefold_rates=0.12,0.11 I've noticed some authors forget to put these lines in when developing their FDE's and even if you activate the assignments off of your options/controls/assignments tabs the air stairs, doors etc will not open because the appropriate code is not present in the aircraft cfg. So if you have your assignments correct and the correct code in your aircraft cfg, then you will be all set.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Team

Guest JDH

Thanks for that, I'll check it out!