Sign in to follow this  
sanookBKK

FS9 FREEZE please HELP !

I was running FS9 on this system smooth as silk for 2 years. Lot of addons like PMDG planes, fs2crew ,many addon scenery, activesky fspassenger etc etc. Many flight hours, Everething fine....Then one day FS9 freezed out.I retried it was ok then after a while the same freeze occured.I decided to reinstall FS9 from scratch The problem was still there.Ok let's format the drives , new install of windowsXP and FS9Like 2 years ago everything fresh same config, no windows updates , no addons.Testing the demo seattle flight , and....HERE WE GO AGAIN ! the same freeze.Tried many nvidia drivers even the last one but not to avail.When this freeze occur i have to reboot the comp , no more mouse ctr alt supp does open after a while but the mouse is controlable only 1 second every minutes or so :-(I really don't know where it come from as my system is working fine out of FS9Is it the graphic card , the CPU, the MB i have no idea !!!!If you have any clue thanks to help me sort out this problem.windows xp pro sp3gygabyte GA-965P-S3core2duo E6600 2.4 GHzram 2gbasus geforce 7900 gtx

Is your computer overheating? Try taking a look inside, remove dust, clean fans. Then try again. Try with a different graphics card perhaps, if you have one or can borrow one from a friend.

Mike...

Guest rekhraj

fjmike is right....its an overheating problem.... here's wat u should do....get a vacuum cleaner....open ur pc case...and vacuum the motherboard....softly...remove the ram...the graphic card...etc etc...if can remove the CPU cooling system...but be extremely careful...because the CPU cooler intends to stick to the CPU...i wouldnt recommend doin so if ur pc is more than 3 months old.....give it a nice vacuum....add one fan that feeds in air and another fan that sucks out so that there's ventilation in the pc....by doing so....ur game will not only be back to normal...but ur pc's speed will improve....AniL RekhraJ