Sign in to follow this  
AirbusA340300

finding fsx cfg

finally got my new rig running last night. first build for me, feeling very proud. how can i find the fsx cfg? i tried using the path that NickN showed in his post, C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG, but i cant find my Appdata folder. im running on vista and am new to it, i already dont like it. thanksadam k

Guest firehawk44
finally got my new rig running last night. first build for me, feeling very proud. how can i find the fsx cfg? i tried using the path that NickN showed in his post, C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG, but i cant find my Appdata folder. im running on vista and am new to it, i already dont like it. thanksadam k
You need to change your system so you can view hidden files. Goto Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Folder Options then click on View and look for hidden folders. Then do what Nick recommended.Jim

Guest JimBrown

For future reference, if you are already in the file explorer, hit ALT-T to bring up the Tools menu. Then on to Folder Options, View. The rest is the same.(Hitting ALT by itself will bring up the old style menus. One of the options in Folder Options, View is to "Always show menus".)Regards,...jim

Also, if you know the directory exists, even if its not shown, you can just type it in to the address bar in the file explorer, and it will go into that directory just fine (assuming you have access rights to the directory in the first place).Tim

Also, if you know the directory exists, even if its not shown, you can just type it in to the address bar in the file explorer, and it will go into that directory just fine (assuming you have access rights to the directory in the first place).Tim
May suggest that once you have found it, you then just create a desktop shortcut. Works for me and is so simple.....no side-effects !