Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter_Pokojny

MD-11 (fS9) Causes system Crash

Guest Peter_Pokojny

I just purchased and installed the MD-11 FS9 verision and my first impression was that its amazing, After getting a general overview of the virtual cockpit (about 3 minutes after the aircraft initialized) my whole System froze, i couldnt even get the task manager up, I had to restart my computer, anyway I loaded FS again and chose the Freighter version at a different location and at around the same time, the system again crashed... I tried all different versions of the MD-11 and the same thing happens, I loaded up the PMDG 747-400 and it worked fine, I also tried other payware aircraft like the LVLD767 and Captain Sim 757 everything ran ok... no system lock up! Please help me figure out whats causing the Freeze!!!! I have purchased the MD-11 yesterday so i know i have the newest version! Here are my system specs: FS2004 (Updated)AMD 64FX-62 Dual CoreNvidia Geforce 8800GTS 512mb (newest Driver)2 GB XMS Corsair ram700GB Western Digital Drive (Raptor)Windows XP Pro (SP3)Sound Blaster Audigy NX

I just purchased and installed the MD-11 FS9 verision and my first impression was that its amazing, After getting a general overview of the virtual cockpit (about 3 minutes after the aircraft initialized) my whole System froze, i couldnt even get the task manager up, I had to restart my computer, anyway I loaded FS again and chose the Freighter version at a different location and at around the same time, the system again crashed... I tried all different versions of the MD-11 and the same thing happens, I loaded up the PMDG 747-400 and it worked fine, I also tried other payware aircraft like the LVLD767 and Captain Sim 757 everything ran ok... no system lock up! Please help me figure out whats causing the Freeze!!!! I have purchased the MD-11 yesterday so i know i have the newest version! Here are my system specs: FS2004 (Updated)AMD 64FX-62 Dual CoreNvidia Geforce 8800GTS 512mb (newest Driver)2 GB XMS Corsair ram700GB Western Digital Drive (Raptor)Windows XP Pro (SP3)Sound Blaster Audigy NX
I have the similar problem also with my fs9 ??????????????????????????????? regardspatrick

Gentleman,Nice to meet you.I have the similar probrem about my FS9 MD-11.Especially, when I was using the FMC on MD-11(while setting weight pref.) my PC froze.I tried to re-install MD-11,my PC froze again.Won't somebody tell me how to solove the probrem?FS2004 (Updated)Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 512mb (newest Driver)8 GB DIMM SDRAM1TB Seagate Hard DriveWindows Vista Ultimate 64bit(Updated) With regardsHitopyon

Hi guys, 1st thing, you need to sign your full real name according to these forum rules, thanks.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/To answer the question why this is happening is really hard since all 3 of you could actually have different issues altogether. If you follow these steps though and answer some more questions, I'm fairly confident we can get it running right for all of you.1. - The first thing I would do is back up your fsx.cfg or equivelent (FS9) and then delete it so it's forced to rebuild. Many people with similar posts as yours have found success in just this.2. - Go to the site below and download and install the latest C++ 2005 & 2008 for your OS. If you run a 64 bit OS be sure to download both the 32 and the 64 of each (so 4 total)) and install them. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?familyId=ba9257ca-337f-4b40-8c14-157cfdffee4e&displayLang=en3. - Download and install the latest .Net Framework. 4 has just been released and has fixed issues lots of times in the past.4. - Check your Windows event logs and see what the error is. It will be under Application unless you have a hardware issue (doubtful) then it would be under System.This last step may possibly only be an FSX thing, I'm not sure, but try it anyway if able.5. - The MD-11 has one major difference than the 747 in that it uses a lot of different windows. These are for all the great pop-up 2D panels as well as some system things that I really don't know about. The thing is if you use addons that bring FS above it's alloted window count, then FS will freeze exactly like you're describing here. There are some things to test. If you're running FSPassengers, don't, 2Crew - don't,, basically anything that may have any type of GUI or dialog box in FS. Of course this "Don't" is just temporary so you can all give it a test and see if it still locks up. Give it a good test and then report back.One thing that will free up one of these windows in missions. If you can live without your missions, or at least for a while (I bounced the files back and forth as needed). You can remove 2 files from your Gauges folder that cleared up the freeze for me. The files are in your "FS\Gauges" folder I believe: * Missions.cab* missionpanels.cfgJust put them in a safe place for now and test again.Let us know how it goes.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hello guys.And Mr.Dan Prunier,thank you very much for your reply. >>1st thing, you need to sign your full real name according to these forum rules, thanks.I'm sorry about it.This is my first joining these forums. So I didn't notice the rules.I will sign my full name when I join these forums from now on. Thank you. >>Let us know how it goes. I tried according to your advice,installing C++ 2005 & 2008 (32 & 64bit),Net Framework4,deleting the FS9 cfg file,my MD-11 & FS9 froze again. So I cheaked error massage by Windows event logs, it was under FS9 application.Not a hardware issue nor my systems.I'm going to search another solution the freeze problem.Thank you very much for your advice.Hitoshi Kai