Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

My thoughts on people complaining about FS.

I am constantly reading various complaints about FS, with people basically making out that MS is a greedy, laxy money grabbibf firm, who exploits all of us.I would just like to point out that the way Ms supports the FS series is way better than the majoirty of games on the market. Remeber that FS is just a game, and the amount of detail in it is astounding. For fifty bucks you get a piece of software that will last you for at least two years.What other game can you say that about?And the fact the MS actually takes its customers feedback into account, when building a new version just shows that they do actually care. People should take a steo back and realise that without FS, all of us would probably never experince what we do so easily and at such a low price.I think simmers should stop worrying about MS supposedly ripping us off, and just enjoy this great hobby.Just my 2 cents.(BTW, I don't work for microsoft, :) )regards, Bob.

Did bob mention that, Flight Simulator, is well, a simulator? not a game, meaning its some real stuff... i mean, look, u have the whole world in 4 cds.I like bob's point, this FS stuff will really last u 2 years. People were complaining about how FS2002 wasn't that much better than FS2000. But today ppl wouldn't think about going back to fs2000, and certainly not FS98.There is only so much these guys can do for us. They want to sell us something that will actually work on home computers. Fs2004 is supposed to be better, and supposed to run faster than FS2002... wait, thats a win-win deal. FS2004 has a couple of new features that i think will make a big difference, but again we will have to wait until release to make our minds up. And I may be wrong, but i haven't heard any beta testers complain about FS2004 too much. I remember a fellow flight simmer who said something in the lines of: if you want to be as real as to the real thing, why are you worrying so much about the eye-candy goodies. some ppl will look for different things. i remember back in the FS98 days how 3d wheels and even 3d engines would look great. now u got meljet making individual seats when tables folding down. ppl don't think twice about rolling wheels, but might complain if they don't roll in today's models. I don't know... we will have to wait, but the sky looks better, taxiways signs on almost all airports, new gps... true true, one can get these thru payware (and some freeware of course) addons, but for $54 with all that good stuff? i bet ppl paid hundreds on addons. i think i'm lucky i didn't waste so much on addons... but wait... think of all the freeware stuff that will come out to improve FS2004... ohhhhh... i can't waitbob, just tryin to get your back & microsofts... i've reserved my FS2004... (i don't for microsoft either)one more thing, ppl complain about how microsoft ppl are greedy... well people, they are people too, tryin to get a leavin... if thats hard to grasp, imagine the piracy the gives them such a hard time.FS rated for all agesAlp.s. has anyone heard of somebody playin a game for 15 hours straight? fs, transpacific flight... mercyvisit us at www.palva.ca.tc join us in our unique destinations...

Do you by chance work for those GREEDY, MONEY GRUBBING PIRATES Microsoft?????!!!! LOLJust kidding, I couldn't agree more. I have most of the popular "games" and there are only a few I regularly use, Ghost Recon, CFS2 and MSFS, with FS being used the most!I think a chance to fly anywhere in the world, with real weather, in any aircraft, following RW procedures and techniqes is definately work the price, plus I get to be a part of this community, ain't it grand??!!I think the complexity of todays add ons and the fact that many of them are free, has made many users extremely spoiled, which explains the negativity. If people would think before they comment and put themselves into the others shoes it might save us from much of this attitude we see lately.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW