Sign in to follow this  
Guest Totalbeginner

MD11 - FSX autobrakes (post update)

Guest Totalbeginner

Before installing the update the autbrakes were behaving as per the manual.Now that I have installed the update, I've noticed something that doesn't make sense. For some reason, the autobrakes only deploy when R/T is selected? Why is this?Regards, Martin

Before installing the update the autbrakes were behaving as per the manual.Now that I have installed the update, I've noticed something that doesn't make sense. For some reason, the autobrakes only deploy when R/T is selected? Why is this?Regards, Martin
Martin,You mean autobrakes work for an RTO but not for landing? Do you have the left/right brake axis assigned to rudder pedals? If so have you assigned them through the default FS controls or through a registered version of FSUIPC? If you have a register version of FSUIPC are you using the "calibrate axis" option for left/right brake axis?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Totalbeginner
Martin,You mean autobrakes work for an RTO but not for landing? Do you have the left/right brake axis assigned to rudder pedals? If so have you assigned them through the default FS controls or through a registered version of FSUIPC? If you have a register version of FSUIPC are you using the "calibrate axis" option for left/right brake axis?
No, I mean upon touch-down the autobrakes do not work unless reverse thrust is selected. The spoilers are deploying normally, the throttles are properly at idle, but nothing happens upon wheel spin up. I was under the impression that R/T is not required for the autobrakes to activate?I do not have any rudder pedals, I use a the period key.Regards,Martin Neep

No, I mean upon touch-down the autobrakes do not work unless reverse thrust is selected. The spoilers are deploying normally, the throttles are properly at idle, but nothing happens upon wheel spin up. I was under the impression that R/T is not required for the autobrakes to activate?I do not have any rudder pedals, I use a the period key.Regards,Martin Neep
Martin, No, R/T is not required. As soon as spoilers deploy autobrakes become active. Check this (to help me identify what could be the problem) :- Try with autobrakes switch set at MAX.- With autobrakes switch set at MIN or MED do not engage at all R/T and see if the autobrakes will eventually apply or not

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest Totalbeginner
Martin, No, R/T is not required. As soon as spoilers deploy autobrakes become active. Check this (to help me identify what could be the problem) :- Try with autobrakes switch set at MAX.- With autobrakes switch set at MIN or MED do not engage at all R/T and see if the autobrakes will eventually apply or not
Ok, I've tried all of the A/B settings and it makes no difference MIN / MED / MAX, nothing happens. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is. I think this is related to the new and higher flight idle that was amended in the update. I've noticed that if I do nothing, and allow the speed to bleed off, when the throttles return to ground idle at low speed, suddenly the autobrakes jump into life! The reason that the ABS work when reverse is selected is because it is forcing the N1 below flight idle!Regards,Martin