Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Wilco Airbus Vol 1 and FSUIPC stuff

I am tempted to buy Wilco Airbus Vol 1 but I see that in order to use the aircraft properly, Wilco says that you must deactivate some things on the registered version of FSUIPC (which is what I use). This includes FSUIPC boxes pertaining to autopilot usage, trim, vertical speed, and something for proper autothrottle usage. That is quite a list and I don't like it.This doesn't look promising to me. I run a vast FS9 set-up with huge fleet and all has been stable for a very long time now with FSUIPC set perfectly a long time ago. It controls various amounts of my hardware too. I am worried about destabilizing stuff or suffering from some classic FS-FSUIPC cock-up if I do what Wilco suggests. Ergo, I don't feel I can get that Airbus series which is frustrating!Can anybody advise their experience on this item? Many thanks!JS

Some mapping, calibrations, and other things can be made aircraft specific to the aircraft loaded when you open up FSUIPC. Look for the check box when you get into those procedures that states "Aircraft Specific?" or similar. Perhaps you can unassign what Wilco is complaining about.

Some mapping, calibrations, and other things can be made aircraft specific to the aircraft loaded when you open up FSUIPC. Look for the check box when you get into those procedures that states "Aircraft Specific?" or similar. Perhaps you can unassign what Wilco is complaining about.
Yes maybe I can maybe it aircraft specific. Or not. I never managed to figure that out with FSUIPC. I am afraid I am beyond configuring individual files and folders for everyday FS9 use after many years of doing customizing. It's too time consuming and prone to error. I have a life to live; I might not pursue this further. (Wow, what a negative attitude?!)JS

You for most assignments do not require swapping FSUIPC.ini files. Just load the Wilco then open up FSUIPC via the FS menubar Modules dropdown. Go to the keys and buttons assignment tabs or whatever. If you see something Wilco does not like on the tab you are examining if an Aircraft Specific check box is on that tab, check it by clicking on it and then do those changes Wilco fancies.It does not take too long. Make sure you have the latest FSUIPC downloaded from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Yes maybe I can maybe it aircraft specific. Or not. I never managed to figure that out with FSUIPC. I am afraid I am beyond configuring individual files and folders for everyday FS9 use after many years of doing customizing. It's too time consuming and prone to error. I have a life to live; I might not pursue this further. (Wow, what a negative attitude?!)JS

(Wow, what a negative attitude?!)JS
No, just a lazy old fart like me :( :( RJ