Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Career mode?

I haven't played FS yet(will have a copy in my hands by Thursday hopefully), but I was wondering if there's anything like a career mode in FS2k2? I'm assuming there isn't, but it'd be awesome if they included something like that in the next version of FS(after CoF since it's pretty much done). One could log in flight hours, take tests to get their licenses, instrument rating etc. And maybe be a commercial airline pilot w/ real salary to buy planes or something(I know that commercial pilots don't make much money so I'd say a 99% discount on the planes ;)). I personally would love this feature in a flight sim, and I think it adds a little something. Anyways just a lil' wish of mine...

Guest ba747heavy

Well, you can have something like that. It is called a VA. You can get your ratings, and in getting differnt ratings you can jump up in the types of planes you can fly. Most VAs are like this(check out www.flymeridian.com and www.bavirtual.co.uk as these 2 VAs are awesome)And FS has a built in pilots lisence advetures, complete the adventures and you get your lisence :D

Woo-hoo! Thanks alot. I'm glad FS has some type of adventure mode as I'd like to get some offline training before I head into the VA world. They wouldn't like me doing stupid things w/ their precious planes like running off the runway and crashing into trees. heh. Anyways, thanks for the info.

Guest ba747heavy

No problem, but I didn't define what the acronym 'VA' means ;-) VA = Virtual Airline. Enjoy VAs, the are very nice to participate in. I am a member of BAV, so my opinion of BAV might be slanted :) But, in all honesty, it is one of the best out there.