Sign in to follow this  
RedLion

FSX 747F VNAV Problem

Greetings, Captains!I'm using PMDG 747 from the first release for FS2004, but new to CARGO (FSX package)While in climb mode VNAV disconnects everytime the plane gets on assigned altitude!PFD shows SPD mode but SPD selector and IAS/MACH screen are off. ALT HOLD is selected automaticaly! :( I must increase altitude, select FL CH mode and then reselect VNAV. Its stay in VNAV until climb to selected altitude!Only happens on cargo, passanger works fine on the same flight!The only way to deal with it is to reinstall the hole package. :( The same route works fine after fresh install for number of flights! :( PLEASE,PLEASE HELP! B)

MCP ALT is set to 7800, and it levels off at 7800. I don't see a problem.If you want to climb to FL330 the MCP ALT setting should be 33000. I'm missing something here.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you want to climb to FL330 the MCP ALT setting should be 33000. I'm missing something here.
Flight level set to FL330 and 7800 is an altitude assigned by controller.When aircraft levels off in VNAV before reaching FMC FL, MCP should stay in VNAV and shouldn't switch to ALT HOLD! FMC remains in CLIMB mode!

It will show altitude hold until ATC clears you for climb and you dial in next higher assigned altitude. Don't press or pull the knob, just increase it and you will climb in PROF mode unless I have missed something.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,7800 is not a altitude restriction entered into the FMC (only the Altitude window) So when the Aircraft reaches that Altitude it will HOLD until you tell it what to do next.Now if you had entered in the FMC 7800 till your next waypoint the aircraft will remain in VNAV until crossing and then continue automatically to what ever Altitude you have set in the Alt window. It's the same for pax or freight.Rob

Rob Prest

It should show SPD - VNAV ALT. The VNAV MCP light should stay on. If you want to climb you cycle the new altitude in the MCP and push the button. The FMA will go to THR REF - VNAV SPD and start climbing again. That is what SHOULD happen. I don't know why it doesn't happen to you. Are you sure you did your fms setup completely right?

It should show SPD - VNAV ALT. The VNAV MCP light should stay on. If you want to climb you cycle the new altitude in the MCP and push the button. The FMA will go to THR REF - VNAV SPD and start climbing again. That is what SHOULD happen. I don't know why it doesn't happen to you. Are you sure you did your fms setup completely right?
Less then a month in the MD11 Flightdeck and I'm forgeting things already! :( CheersRob

Rob Prest