Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Multiple WideFS boxes?

Hey guys, just a quick question, can you run multiple WideFS clients simultaneously? I am just curious. I already have one WideFS box running ASA and FSEarth. I now want to take a second box for PFE and FDC. Reason being the first wideFS box is used during the day so I do not want to re-route all my sound to my FS box for PFE and FDC. Hence the desire to use a second WideFS box with audio out dedicated to my FS box for those apps... Anyone know if this will work?Thanks in advance.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sure can. I always fly with 2 widefs clients. One runs ActiveSky and Radar Contact and the other is a laptop with Google Earth updating via GPSout. Works great.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Sure can. I always fly with 2 widefs clients. One runs ActiveSky and Radar Contact and the other is a laptop with Google Earth updating via GPSout. Works great.
Thanks Kyle, greatly appreciated! I am going to be running a pretty similar setup... PFE, FDC and FSEarth on one laptop WideFSClient and ASA running on the other WideFSClient...Awesome, Thanks again, greatly appreciate the response!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hey Paul,confirmed. I ran such a triple setup for a long time. Just like cshark172, one PC had RC and ASv6.5 running while the other had the rest of the apps (FSFK and stuff) running. The FS PC was quite happy with both clients. :(Regards,Jure

Hey Paul,confirmed. I ran such a triple setup for a long time. Just like cshark172, one PC had RC and ASv6.5 running while the other had the rest of the apps (FSFK and stuff) running. The FS PC was quite happy with both clients. :(Regards,Jure
Thanks Jure, why am I not surprised you would be running a setup like this too :( did you get my message the other day... I also have some DDR3 1333 here for you that I just pulled from my box.... Went to 2 2 gig sticks so I can double to 8 down the road ;)-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Paul,got your message, thanks and thank you for your recommendation, too. I replied via e-mail which you probably did not get? I notice that my e-mails often get labeled as spam for some reason. I'll resend it on monday when I get back to work. I am actually thinking of building a new system and your spare RAM could be put to good use, but first I need to see if salvation of my current FS9 installation will succeed. I will know on tuesday if all goes well and will then be able to respond to your offer after I know what I have to do. I liked the three computers setup that I used to run. With WideFS you really have some options to play with. The second and third computer also provide for ample room to make complete backups of my huge FS9 installation. Yes, I want more than one backup. As life has (again) taught me after the motherboard decided enough was enough :( I am now going a full week without FS9 and it's not fun. Addicted? Me? :( Regards,Jure