Sign in to follow this  
camaflight

FS9 QUITS BY ACTIVATING DESTINATION GND FRQ

Hi,I have RC 4.3 for FS9.At the very moment when destination airport ground frequency is activated FS9 quits.The flight is from ESSA (Stockholm, Sweden) to URSS (Sochi, Russia).I have made the flight three times, turning off the RWY at three different TWYs. I made a hold each time.On final I did pre-set the ground frequency to 119.00 (on the standby frequency selector) .When at hold after RWY-turn off and switching 119.00 to the acticve frequency selector the screen turns black and FS has quit.Below is a print-screen of the frequencies used in FS and in RC, in case it is of any interest.I have made a log-file which I can send "the normal way".I'm not sure if this really has to do with RC.I have stored the flight just before handed over to approach and tried the flight twice from there. No problem then. The problem occurs only when making a complete flight from ESSA.Carl

Hi,I have RC 4.3 for FS9.At the very moment when destination airport ground frequency is activated FS9 quits.The flight is from ESSA (Stockholm, Sweden) to URSS (Sochi, Russia).I have made the flight three times, turning off the RWY at three different TWYs. I made a hold each time.On final I did pre-set the ground frequency to 119.00 (on the standby frequency selector) .When at hold after RWY-turn off and switching 119.00 to the acticve frequency selector the screen turns black and FS has quit.Below is a print-screen of the frequencies used in FS and in RC, in case it is of any interest.I have made a log-file which I can send "the normal way".I'm not sure if this really has to do with RC.I have stored the flight just before handed over to approach and tried the flight twice from there. No problem then. The problem occurs only when making a complete flight from ESSA.Carl
when in doubt, send me the log

Try adding this line to the General section of FSUIPC.ini with Notepad:RemoveATC=YesIt only applies to FS9 when not using FS9's ATC. It is a bug with FS9. You can find information on this by searching the FSUIPC recent regular and advanced user's guides. FS ATC will be inhibited by this but NOT RC's providing their interpretation for chatter. This should be used also when using any other ATC in FS9 such as VATSIM, etc.It has to do with common comm frequencies recently used between departure and arrival airports.

when in doubt, send me the log
I send you the log now hoping it's not much of a timeconsuming issue for you to look it through as I as well have my doubts about RC being the reason for this FS-crash. I think Ron may have the explanation about the FSUIPC settings. I will follow his suggestion as well.Thanks a lot !Carl

Try adding this line to the General section of FSUIPC.ini with Notepad:RemoveATC=YesIt only applies to FS9 when not using FS9's ATC. It is a bug with FS9. You can find information on this by searching the FSUIPC recent regular and advanced user's guides. FS ATC will be inhibited by this but NOT RC's providing their interpretation for chatter. This should be used also when using any other ATC in FS9 such as VATSIM, etc.It has to do with common comm frequencies recently used between departure and arrival airports.
I will do as you tell. I assume this will be interesting for a lot of RC-users so I will report back as soon as I have made a new flight. Thanks for paying attention !Carl

A fourth complete flight has been made and a new log-file is sent JD. ( I have really loaded Otto with a lot of work these days :()Adding the RemoveATC=Yes in the general section of the FSUIPC ini didn't work.We'll see if JD find something now as exactly the same happened with the last complete flight.Carl

With reference to the log files I have sent and for which nothing were to be found, I have now made a new flight without the 3rd party scenery for URSS.Same problem. I have tried to find out on my own why I get CTDs when tuning exactly to the frequency 119.00 ( ground) as told by Tower.I haven't found anything that possibly could give me a clue. So jumping from idea to idea of thinkable sources of that failure I am also chcecking some far-fetched ideas. As it seems something is going wrong with the ATC.dll, according o the windows/microsoft error report, I was wondering if changing the default setting from RC as regards MSA (see picture below) could mess something up with ATC. I never tried a flight with the default setting for URSS.Is it OK changing those numbers or not ?Carl

After you went back to the default, did you rebuild your scenery database?As a work-around put back your add-on URSS and run FS to reindex the scenery list then close it. Use AFCAD2.21 to change its ground to another available frequency. Run FS to reindex the scenery. Close FS followed by opening RC and running the scenery database rebuild within it.When you run AFCAD you should only see a maximum of two layers, a stock plus one other. If there are more, then open each layer. If any do not contain taxiways, etc., then they do not count as an additional layer for a maximum of two. If you do find too many with taxiways and runways then as you open each one click on file, properties to get the full path of each and note them. After identifying one not used with your add-on then it should be renamed with an extension of .bgh to make it inactive. Rerun FS to reindex its scenery list, close it, open RC and rebuild the database again.ATC.dll is not used I believe by RC but comes into play as noted in one of my previous posts here regarding the FSUIPC work around. Also, make sure your FSUIPC is at least 3.85. That line about RemoveATC=yes only takes effect in one of the last recent versions.

After you went back to the default, did you rebuild your scenery database?As a work-around put back your add-on URSS and run FS to reindex the scenery list then close it. Use AFCAD2.21 to change its ground to another available frequency. Run FS to reindex the scenery. Close FS followed by opening RC and running the scenery database rebuild within it.When you run AFCAD you should only see a maximum of two layers, a stock plus one other. If there are more, then open each layer. If any do not contain taxiways, etc., then they do not count as an additional layer for a maximum of two. If you do find too many with taxiways and runways then as you open each one click on file, properties to get the full path of each and note them. After identifying one not used with your add-on then it should be renamed with an extension of .bgh to make it inactive. Rerun FS to reindex its scenery list, close it, open RC and rebuild the database again.ATC.dll is not used I believe by RC but comes into play as noted in one of my previous posts here regarding the FSUIPC work around. Also, make sure your FSUIPC is at least 3.85. That line about RemoveATC=yes only takes effect in one of the last recent versions.
Scenery rebuild: Yes I allways rebuild the scenery database, whether I make changes to nav aids in AFCAD or AFX or I make changes in or with new sceneries.Multiple AFCADs: Yes there was a third bgl - from the 3rd party scenery - a bgl which is an attempt to force take offs and landings in opposite directions like in real life for that airport. This is a bgl with airport data and is installed in the main scenery map under Generic scenery. I disabled that (by removing it to the desk top and in addition changing the extention to " .xxxxxxx". I then re-indexed the scenery, made a rebuild in RC and started FS again. Neither that did work.FSUIPC: I allways keep up with Pete Dowson's latest version. JD did recommend me to go back to 3.85 and so I did without any luck. I then have changed it to a newer version. The last version I have tested with this problem is the 3.869. I haven't had the time to make a flight with the 3.871 that was released today. I don't think that matters anyway. I have however, added the RemoveATC=yes in the ini-file prior to this and had it activated with this command since.Changing the ground frequency: THAT I HAVEN'T DONE YET. I don't have the slightest idea why that should help, but I certainly will try. After all; tuning in that frequency is the trigger for this damned error.If this doesn't work I think I will leave the case there as is. It is a possibility to simply scip the last sequence with contacting ground for this spesific airport.I can live with that, else RC works like a dream ! It's just that I have a habbit of allmost never give up on problems with FS - and it's so satisfactory finding solutions to fix them.I report back when I have carried out your sugestion. It may take some time as I'm rather busy doing other stuff like my work these days.Just for the record; this is the one and only airport I have ever experienced this problem.Thanks alot so far, I really appreciate it !Cheers !Carl

Well then, finally I got rid of the problem.I don't know how many flights I have been making to URSS....First, when doing a flight from Heathrow EGLL to URSS there was no problem with FS quitting when switching to gnd frq 119.00. This indicated there was a problem with the departure airport. I made several new flights from ESSA, changing one thing at a time. One of them was to delete the ESSA ATIS 119.00 from the 3rd party AFCAD file. However, all of them ended with FS quitting when activating URRS gnd frq 119.00.Having another problem at ESSA where one of the RWYs didn't get any AI-traffic anymore, I recalled that I had modified AFCAD (parking radius for all parking positions) with the payware program AFX. Having read about that this program causes problem with approach data and probably more, I deleted the AFCAD and re-installed the original AFCAD from aerosoft Mega Scenery Stockholm and modified the same things with AFCAD 2.2.1.I then made a flight from ESSA to URSS. The result was NO PROBLEM as regards the gnd frq at URSS !I then re-installed the original AFCAD and modified it with AFX again. After that I made a new flight ESSA-URSS. The result: FS did quit when activating the URSS gnd frq 119.00 !The AFX does indeed modify something else than it should! In this case something that causes a conflict with airport data for URSS. As stated before from you JD; there will be a problem if departure airport has a radio frequency that is equal to one at the arrival airport. Maybe AFX is messing up something here that is kind of invisible for the user. I don't know, it sounds far-fetched, but it's a fact what I experienced. Modifying the ESSA AFCAD with AFCAD 2.2.1 gives no problem, modifying with AFX does !Carl

It would be interesting to open an afcad made with AFX in AFCAD and see what it reads for comms. Then save that file (use Save As) to force an overwrite and see if the problem is still there.It sounds like you found the source but some may prefer to use the visual scenery lock of AFX (rather than that offered by AFCAD) for aligning taxiways and parking and that could present a workaround.Do you recall where you read about the AFX problems?Thanks.

---------------------------Having another problem at ESSA where one of the RWYs didn't get any AI-traffic anymore, I recalled that I had modified AFCAD (parking radius for all parking positions) with the payware program AFX. Having read about that this program causes problem with approach data and probably more, I deleted the AFCAD and re-installed the original AFCAD from aerosoft Mega Scenery Stockholm and modified the same things with AFCAD 2.2.1.I then made a flight from ESSA to URSS. The result was NO PROBLEM as regards the gnd frq at URSS !I then re-installed the original AFCAD and modified it with AFX again. After that I made a new flight ESSA-URSS. The result: FS did quit when activating the URSS gnd frq 119.00 !The AFX does indeed modify something else than it should! In this case something that causes a conflict with airport data for URSS. As stated before from you JD; there will be a problem if departure airport has a radio frequency that is equal to one at the arrival airport. Maybe AFX is messing up something here that is kind of invisible for the user. I don't know, it sounds far-fetched, but it's a fact what I experienced. Modifying the ESSA AFCAD with AFCAD 2.2.1 gives no problem, modifying with AFX does !Carl

Hi Ronzie,Having got so much attention from you guys I would like to respond with further reports on this issue. However, please give me some time as I really don't feel very much motivated for continuing straigt on with this problem. I'm kind of got tired of making a considerable number of flights to URSS during the process of finding out what caused FS to quit. Here is a lkink to some of what I read:http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=5348.0Carl