Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trankan

Problem with flickering

Guest Trankan

Hi,I put together my first computer recently and the system works pretty good. I have some kind of issue with the graphic card though, which appers in all 3D applications I've tried so far. When I pan around fast in a game everything starts to flicker. The colors are still correct, it's just that all the contours on the screen kind of appear double. As soon as I stop doing these fast movements the flickering reduces. Right now I have the FPS in FS9 locked at 30 which makes this problem appear. If I use a much higher value the flickering disappears, but I don't think I should have to do that.This new computer cost me alot of money so I would really appreciate some help with solving this problem. If you don't understand my explanation, please tell me and I will try to describe in a better way. For your information I'm using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Thanks in advance!Asus P5Q PRO, P45, Socket-775, DDR2,Intel Core

Guest belga1

Hello,

If I use a much higher value the flickering disappears, but I don't think I should have to do that.
Methink you have to do that.But methink also it's not necessary (in normal usage) to pan at high speed in FS2004 :)Regards.bye.gif

Hi,No matter what there is still going to be a slight delay while new textures load into any game. They need to be pulled off the hd and processed and this takes time.Thanks,

Guest Trankan
Hi,No matter what there is still going to be a slight delay while new textures load into any game. They need to be pulled off the hd and processed and this takes time.Thanks,
The problem appears even when I'm inside the cockpit using either the 2D or 3D panel. If the aircraft is at level flight and I pitch up and down the screen will flicker no matter how few textures there are to load outside the cockpit. It seems like the flickering appears when I lock the FPS at a value which is lower than the actual FPS.

Guest Trankan

I bring up this topic again since the problem won't disappear. After some more testing it seems like the problem is not a hardware related issue but an issue with FS9. The problem is that I can't lock the FPS at a value which is lower than the actual FPS. If I do so, the flickering occurs, and it gets worse the lower the lock is.For some reason my graphic card doesn't seem to like when I lock the FPS altough 30 should be more than enough for a smooth flight. Can I please know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem with the FPS as I do? I have tried so many things now that I'm almost starting to run out of hope.

Guest Trankan

Sorry to bring up this topic once again but I really need your help. It has gone a while now and I've continued to investigate my problem. I've done lots of searches on the net as well as experimenting with FS9 itself but haven't been able to find an answer to my problem. One fact that I've come up with however is that I can't lock my FPS below 60 neither in FS9 nor FSX. If I do this I get lag which gets just worse and worse the lower I set the lock. You might think that I should keep my FPS locked at 60 since it works but unfortunately my computer isn't able to keep up with that when things in the simulator gets too demanding. Besides I should be able to lock my FPS at around 30 and still get the same smooth experience but when I do this the lag becomes quite massive.For a while ago I tried FS9 on the other stationary computer at home, which has XP and not as good specs as mine, and discovered the same problem. Therefore I'm starting to wonder if my problem is really hardware or OS related. One interesting thing is that the value where I need to lock the FPS is the same as the refresh rate on my screen. I don't know if that might be a clue. However I doubt that I'm the only one here whith this problem so if you have any thoughts or suggestions I would be really thankful if you post a message in this thread. :(

Guest belga1

Hello,Just a question .. not a answer.. :)In your graphic card parameters ... what is the statut of synchronisation itemON or OFF ?Had you try to modify this statut to OFF if it was ticked ON ...Regards.bye.gif