Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Meshach_Galea

PMDG 747-400 DLL error!

Hi everyoneI'm new to this forum and I have been trying to find an answer why I can't use my PMDG 747-400 in FSX. I have bought it and downloaded it and when I installed it everything was said to be ok but when I go to select the aircraft from the selection menu I can see all 6 planes and when I click the details it works fine it loads it with all the info but as soon as I click ok to select it I get and ERROR window saying 'PMDG_747400_Main.dll cannot find PMDGOptions.dll' I click ok and it pops up another 2 times and when I click ok after the third time FSX just crashes and it restarts.Another problem is that now when I select a different aircraft, when in flight I canot see or select the add-ons menu where I have FSUPC4 installed.My system is:Vista Ultimate 64bitIntel Core 2 Quad 4 cpus @ 2.4GHZ4094MB RamDirect X 10 Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512runing FSX AccelerationPlease help me cause I feel that I spent all that money for nothing cause I can't use it!!!Thank you

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am not familiar with your specific symptoms, however, when I had first installed the aircraft, I remember getting some strange errors but I don't remember specifics. They all went away when I started running FSX and all addons with the "Run as Administrator" option in effect. Since then, I have also run all addon product installations with the "Run as Administrator" option. No problems since then.....Vista/32-bit. By the way, the aircraft works very well.Zach