Sign in to follow this  

DELL Integrated Intel

Does anyone have or know anything about the Integrated Intel

Can't help you with that specific card, but I would avoid all integrated video cards (a "video card" which is built in to the motherboard) like the plague. They are primarily low-end devices. Just about any real card-based (the kind you plug into an actual AGP slot) video card will be much better than the integrated kind.Since I see it is a Dell system in question, I assume you are configuring your own system. See what other options they have for video cards besides the integrated chip.Joe Wagner

Buy integrated graphics is usually always bad, expecially for gaming. The reason is the integrated graphics are going to use your installed RAM for storage purposes and that ram may not be as fast as the ram installed on graphics adapter cards.When you see a computer offered with integrated graphics with shared memory, RUN, RUN AWAY, as fast as you can.

Kevin - It's a pretty poor performer compared to what a "real" video card will do. The graphics engine is a component of the Intel i845 chipset and is a 64MB shared-memory arrangement. Slow as a turtle. I wouldn't even consider it for FS2002. If you buy a machine with this integrated scheme be sure the motherboard will also accept a video card as you'll need to add one.Trip