Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raptor05121

Newbie needing help

Guest Raptor05121

Great aircraft. I'm having a bit of a problem. My first flight I went and followed the tutorial and it seems as soon as my flight loads, the aircraft is running and the throttles firewall (AP/AT?). I tried everything I can think of to disconnect, but every 5 seconds it goes full N1 and it keeps blaring "FLAPS FLAPS FLAPS" I guess because its trying to take off at the gate. I also cannot seem to get the IRS aligned. As soon as she loads, they are already on? Thanks!-Alex

Hit F1 to close throttles and check the throttle control on your game control (joystick) if you have one. Make sure it is closed, or perhaps a calibration.I believe the IRS is already aligned in the tutorial panel state... if the tutorial does not tell you to set them then you can assume they are ready.For some reason, I have a 737 that always loads in full reverse thrust. I've even resaved it with engines at ground idle but at least it settles down as soon as I hit F1. Strange.

Dan Downs KCRP

I believe the IRS is already aligned in the tutorial panel state...
No they aren't, you turn them on on page 5 of the tutorial. Sounds like a bad install maybe or you aren't allowing the MD11 to initialise properly, you must wait for the countdown to reach ZERO before doing anything really otherwise you will have problems at some point in the flight. You also don't mention which version of FS you are using it in, my comments are on the FSX version.

Cheers, Andy.

Maybe a stupid question but did you load the correct panel state?

Guest Raptor05121
Hit F1 to close throttles and check the throttle control on your game control (joystick) if you have one. Make sure it is closed, or perhaps a calibration.I believe the IRS is already aligned in the tutorial panel state... if the tutorial does not tell you to set them then you can assume they are ready.For some reason, I have a 737 that always loads in full reverse thrust. I've even resaved it with engines at ground idle but at least it settles down as soon as I hit F1. Strange.
Well, it wasnt the exact reason, but I remembered when I had my CH Throttle Quadrant plugged it and I tried to use the throttle on my Yoke, the TQ would override ever 5 seconds. So I put two and two together and sure enough, my TQ was plugged and and throttles forward...Thanks. One more question, is there a way to have a cold and dark cockpit? Is it like all other, shut everything down and save it?
Maybe a stupid question but did you load the correct panel state?
What is that? I just fire up FS, select the MD-11, let it load the fixes and stuff, and fly now. Also, I'm using FS9.1