Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexzar14

IRS alignment and a door problem

Guest alexzar14

the same problem in both virsion of sim. I fly in FS9 only, but I check if this problem existed in FSX and it did.When I load the aircraft in Cold & Dark config, and rotate all 3 IRS sellectors to NAV as per tutorial instructions (that's before the APU start, with EXT power ON, parking breaks on, not moving I guess, and the IRS-time alignement is set to 15 seconds. However I tried all timing: 10 minuts, 15 seconds, 0 seconds).The lights above IRS sellector knobs start flashig and continue doing so for ever, and the message on EICAS says IRS1 NO ALIGN, IRS AUX NO ALIGN, IRS3 NO ALIGN. In other words, the thing doesn't alight and that is IT. What's wrong?Also, the door (left front door) is open all the time and I see nothing regardind the door in the tutorial. How do you close the door? (not ctr+E, doesn't work)Today I did my first flight, I had to load a Pre-Engine-Start config with IRS already aligned and the d*mned door closed, the only way I could start flying it. I programmed the FMS as usual (this FMS is a bit unusual but it's OK, I'm not new to this), then started the engines per tutorial, autopilot functionality - ok, everything else - no problem.So please help me figuring out the IRS and the Door issue.

Use FS Shortcuts on the MCDU to open/close doors, arm them, pushback etc. See introduction, which covers this new feature.Not sure what the problem with IRS is. Others have reported problems here, the normal troubleshooting is making sure you are stationary and brakes are not being touched. Noise spikes from the brake control or button could cause a problem... but I haven't read anyone that has had an IRS problem come back and share the solution yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

Did you press R4 in MCDU next to "Initialise IRS", if you didn't then they wont initialise, see page 6 of the tutorial.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest alexzar14

thanks guys, I expected it to be something simple... I'm still in the middle of the flight so I can't try this immediately now, will try it once I'm done with the flight.I overlooked the position initialisation part because of FMS-"unusuality", endeed: item 8 on page 6. Don't know how in the world I might've overlooked it! I noticed you don't have to enter coordinates like you do in Boeing and Airbus (and MD-80) MCDU and that got me a bit confused.Thanks.