Sign in to follow this  
Philipp Ringler CFI

Ai Traffic by WoAI causes electric to be always avaliable

Hi simmers,I have a very annoying problem I tracked down to be caused by AI-Traffic by WoAI, but since their forums are at least "quiet", i decided to post it here, since there are experts around here who should know how to sort this out.I experience a bug that causes the electric busses of MY Plane to be always available and powered, even with the battery master off.I tried this: place my self on the tarmac, cut the mixture, switch off master and avionics power, but still all instruments were powered and the ADF pointer showing and the DME working and so on.At first, i thought it was a third party addOn plane problem, but it also happens in the stock 172. Then i thought of it as an FSUIPC problem, but it also happens with FSUIPC absent. Then i tried several locations and sceneries, and found out that this behaviour occurs in the morning at some places, while around noon everything is all right (no power when master is off)...I then had the idea to turn off all AI Traffic and voila, the bug is not present any more.I then removed all of my WoAI packages and tried again with the ms stock ai traffic. Still, no strange electrical behavior. But as soon as i added the Alitalia package from WoAI, it is there again. I asked some WoAI users, but no one knows this problem, and they have tons of woai installed. So it also might be some issue not with the traffic.bgls, but rather with some DLLs in my flightsim.so who knows what .dlls, .cfgs, bgls and so on are affecting AI traffic and can tell me the signature of those when fresh from an fs installation. I assume i have something f*cked up there.Anyone know this problem?

Flight instructor and commercial pilot. Flies everything that has propellers. CFI(A)-SE, CFII, CPL(A)-MEL/SEL/IR TW/CMP/HP/HA

X-Plane core team (Avionics and GPS)

CRJ-200 and 757/777 developer

Follow me on Twitter @XPlanePhil

Hi,This is funny - we just ran into this earlier this week.Turns out that if an AI plane's aircraft.cfg file contains the lineelectric_always_available=1in the Electrical section, then this will apply to your flyable plane as well!!You need to either set this value to 0 in all of the AI cfg files, or remove the line altogether. In fact, the AI plane doesn't even need the entire Electrical section if it is not a flyable aircraft.Hope this helps,

This is funny - we just ran into this earlier this week.Turns out that if an AI plane's aircraft.cfg file contains the lineelectric_always_available=1in the Electrical section, then this will apply to your flyable plane as well!!
:( Good find. Considering the impact and the difficulty of tracing the problem it should be a sticky or something. Perhaps other AI packages have the same error.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Hey, thanks for your answer!So now how to fix this? How to remove this line from all potential aircraft.cfgs? I'm not really willing to open/search/edit about 400 files now... Also, i'm not experienced in such things under windows. On unix, i'd write a shell script to do that... How to under windows?EDIT:This handy little tool does the trick: http://www.inforapid.de/html/srdownload.htm

Flight instructor and commercial pilot. Flies everything that has propellers. CFI(A)-SE, CFII, CPL(A)-MEL/SEL/IR TW/CMP/HP/HA

X-Plane core team (Avionics and GPS)

CRJ-200 and 757/777 developer

Follow me on Twitter @XPlanePhil

Hi,Thanks for the tip on that search and replace program - sounds good.