Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashing_pilot

AVSIM: Please re-enable the thread preview lines...

Hi guys,I'm hoping to convince you to re-enable the thread preview lines that have been turned off on the new system. While I realize some don't like them, I'm finding the new forum hard to visit because its taking too long to figure out what some threads are about, thus having to visit many more than I would normally have the time to. Unfortunately, I'm on dial-up while away on business as is often the case, so its become a burden the past couple days.Here are some examples of threads on the first page that I'm talking about:"Just don't know how???""Help""Video Cards...""What about VATSIM?"And thats just on the first page. Absolutely no disrespect to the authors of those threads of course, but its impossible to get the real jist of what they're about without the "sneak peak" lines that were there before. Most other threads are fine, but I hope you see where I'm coming from.Thanks,Elrond ---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (y/N)

Okay Elrond, we'll give it a go. I suspect we'll see complaints now about page loading times. They are now turned back on. :)

Tom, you're my hero... You're the wind beneath my wings... You're the sun in my life's sunrise... You're the musical background melody that makes my movies worth seeing.In short: I worship you.Or not. But thanks all the same! :-lolWith love,Elrond ---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (y/N)

Ken, you are no longer my hero... You're the downdraft crashing into my wings... You're the thunderstorm in my life's sunrise... You're the lack of musicical soundtrack to my lifes movies.In short: I now loath you!Or not! But thanks all the same. :-lolWith love,Elrond ---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (y/N)

"musicical"That must be a new Broadway varient on "musical". Or, is it a frozen desert with tunes? :-lol

It is indeedeed the lattter. Either that, or I have the hicupups from last nights "meeteeting" (uh hem) that went "a bit" lonong. :-) But I'm sure nothing of that sort has everer happeneded to you Tom!Elrond ---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (y/N)

Although it's too early in the day for me to phrase it as eloquently as Elrond can, many, many thanks for turning this feature back on!!Now the new forums are more than 101% perfect,Cheers Peter

That's what I like about Avsim. Good suggestion. Quick response.Airdog

Guest RonB49

Thanks to Elrond and Tom. I like the feature too. R-

I agree with Elrond!Also you should fix the Collapse Topics option,when they are collapsed and you get to the next page of topicsthe setting is not saved, so I have to collapse topics again...I find the tree-view VERY cluttering and uneasy to separate topicsfrom replys. Personally I liked the previous forum looks much much better, sorry guys. BUT I like the attached images in posts are links now not a HUGE leviathan....Regards

I like the preview lines too. The new forum system rocks! It is so fast now, much nicer to use. Thanks again forum guys for your hard work.

"when they are collapsed and you get to the next page of topicsthe setting is not saved"They are if you enable cookies. It sounds like your cookies are being disabled either from within your browser or from an external firewall. Re-enable them and the "collapsed" setting will always be remembered.Good luck,Elrond ---Not enough bandwidth to display this signature! Don't reformat hard drive? (y/N)