Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

FS9 Antialiasing frustration

It looks like nHancer only. FS9 is not listed in the nVidia Control panel. Though I suppose I could add it and then make changes, possibly, but I'm not gonna try that. Everything works and I like to keep it that way. :(
Nhancer only. It overrides any nVidia CP settings...that's why it works. And I agree with the previous comment...why the heck is nVidia being this way with their drivers?? It stinks!Anyone have any comments on non-forceware drivers, like Omega? Do they exhibit the same lame nVidia restrictions?Vic

Guest kanoasurf

Hi all; I'm running FS9 with the Matrox triplehead2go digital. I've manged to have FS9 AA working properly in windowed mode by creating a new profile and deleting the FS9.exe of the original nhancer profile. However there is no way on earth I can restart my computer and the settings remain unchanged. I have to open enhancer (2.4.2) highlight the predefine profile (MS Flight Simulator 2004) delete the FS9.exe in the executables box and then the profile I created starts working again when I start FS9. Any sugestions?I'm also ruining two nVidia 7900gtx 512 in SLI mode, what are the best settings for an SLI configuration? Kano

Guest ppokit
Hi all; I'm running FS9 with the Matrox triplehead2go digital. I've manged to have FS9 AA working properly in windowed mode by creating a new profile and deleting the FS9.exe of the original nhancer profile. However there is no way on earth I can restart my computer and the settings remain unchanged. I have to open enhancer (2.4.2) highlight the predefine profile (MS Flight Simulator 2004) delete the FS9.exe in the executables box and then the profile I created starts working again when I start FS9. Any sugestions?I'm also ruining two nVidia 7900gtx 512 in SLI mode, what are the best settings for an SLI configuration? Kano
If you're using VISTA I recall you have to have the nHancer service installed and running all the time for your profiles to stick.No such problem with XP though - just set it and forget it!Chris

What is the trick to get antialiasing to work properly in FS9? On my new system based on an E8600 cpu, Asus P5Q-E mb and a 9800GT (factory OC) video card and 4Gig ram I can only get AA to work in full screen mode and then only if I enable it in game. I can't get AA to work any other way - not in windowed mode and not by enabling it through through nhancer or the nvidia control panel. I have tried the 175.31 drivers and the 181.20 drivers a get the same hassle. Also the same with a fresh FS9 install and in winXP and Vista64. This is a major frustration as I use a dual monitor setup and need FS9 in windowed mode for this to work properly. Am I missing something obvious here as I never had this problem with my previous AMD 3700+ 7900gt system - AA worked fine in windowed mode and when enable through nhancer or the nvidia control panel? Any suggestions appreciated.Bruceb
I had EXACTLY the SAME problem...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I also have the same problem of having to delete the MSFS2004 profile everytime after restart and I use XP?

beta.gif

I also have the same problem of having to delete the MSFS2004 profile everytime after restart and I use XP?
NO, You don't need to delete the predefined profile, you can change it via Nhancer. First set via the "Options" menu of Nhancer "Allow overwrite of predefined settings". Next change the anti-aliasing parameters. Mine are set as follows for a not so powerful 8600GS card: Combined 4xS, Gamma correction, Supertransparency, RESET Enhance in-game AA setting (if set, I have NO AA in window mode), Anisotrpic Filtering 16x, Vertical Sync Application, Texture filtering Quality, Trilinear optimization off, Aniso. sample opt off, Negative LOD BIAS Clamp, all other parameters are left to default.Rgds,Hugo

Guest kanoasurf

Chris, I'm using Win XP sp3Hugo, I just delete the executable associated (FS9.exe) with the original profile. Then my created profile works fine.If I modify the original as you suggest instead of using a new created one, when I restart the PC I have to modify the whole profile all over again, so is less troublesome using my first option as is just deleting the executable.Kano

Chris, I'm using Win XP sp3Hugo, I just delete the executable associated (FS9.exe) with the original profile. Then my created profile works fine.If I modify the original as you suggest instead of using a new created one, when I restart the PC I have to modify the whole profile all over again, so is less troublesome using my first option as is just deleting the executable.Kano
My understanding of how the latest version of nHancer works...you do not delete the FS2004 profile...you change it to meet your needs BUT you also change the "Global" settings to the exact same. This is working for me as I never have to mess with settings again? For other games you change only the profile for it...you must leave the "Global" set the same as FS2004 profile. I'm not so sad about the ACES team being fired...it's time for new blood. Now...if we could get new blood at nVidia?? Vic

Hi Kano and Vic,Once you have modified the profile with nHancer, I am not sure it is changed in the Nvidia profiles permanently. Two processes of nHancer are always active in my system (nHancer.exe and nHancerService.exe). I assume these services are overwriting the default profiles once the conditions for their execution are met. (Global profile is overwritten when the system has started up, a private profile when the corresponding executable starts running).But these are assumptions, I have not tested it! In any case AA in full-screen and windowed mode are working and I have the chance to select the most effective method for AA for my system even while FS9 is running.I am using Ntune too (a little known Nvidia utility, available here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html, from Nvidia itself! to overclock the graphics card and to tune motherboard memory timings etc... if your motherboard and Nvidia card allows it; In my case and with a cheap Nvidia card, I had to define the Nvidia clock settings by trial and error) uses nearly the same method; here also you can define profiles or let select the utility the most efficient parameters, but also the start conditions for loading a defined profile and therefore a service nTuneService.exe is running on the system. But again I am not sure it is working like this.Regards,Hugo

Hi Kano and Vic,Once you have modified the profile with nHancer, I am not sure it is changed in the Nvidia profiles permanently. Two processes of nHancer are always active in my system (nHancer.exe and nHancerService.exe). I assume these services are overwriting the default profiles once the conditions for their execution are met. (Global profile is overwritten when the system has started up, a private profile when the corresponding executable starts running).But these are assumptions, I have not tested it! In any case AA in full-screen and windowed mode are working and I have the chance to select the most effective method for AA for my system even while FS9 is running.Regards,Hugo
You may be correct in that the nVidia CP settings may not be permanently changed, but are overwritten by nHancer settings as and when you described...either way it is working for me. Vic