Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

MD-11 (FS9): Doors problem, APU question

Two short questions for the pros:1.Though the doors of my MD-11 are all closed after starting from cold-and-dark and ending with taxiing on all 3 engines (MCDU says "open" for all doors, so I guess they're closed; in spot view none is open as well), the SD indicates a bunch of doors to be open...2.I cold and dark on batteries only, when starting the APU, is there a way to get the SD to work to see any indication for the APU operational values or is the blue blinking APU start knob all there is?Andreas

Two short questions for the pros:1.Though the doors of my MD-11 are all closed after starting from cold-and-dark and ending with taxiing on all 3 engines (MCDU says "open" for all doors, so I guess they're closed; in spot view none is open as well), the SD indicates a bunch of doors to be open...2.I cold and dark on batteries only, when starting the APU, is there a way to get the SD to work to see any indication for the APU operational values or is the blue blinking APU start knob all there is?Andreas
1. Make sure all the doors are armed. Do this from the FMC; the same place as where you open/close doors.2. Maybe connect ground power first, but I'm not sure what to do if you don't want to use ground power.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

1. Make sure all the doors are armed. Do this from the FMC; the same place as where you open/close doors.
Opened/closed doors several times and klicked arm/disarm as well, no change. Will see next flight if the problem persists. Thank you anyway.Andreas

Opened/closed doors several times and klicked arm/disarm as well, no change. Will see next flight if the problem persists. Thank you anyway.Andreas
Yes I have had this as well on both the pax and freighter versions in FS9. Having ascertained that the doors were closed and, in the pax, armed I continued the flight with no other problem. Seems to be just an indication problem.Iain Smith

After closing the doors, you have to wait until they are mechanically closed before arming. You should get a screen message saying either DOORS ARMED or not armed that substitutes for communications with cabin attendents (who actually are the ones doing this).

Dan Downs KCRP