Sign in to follow this  
toelg

ASA - Crash by opening Route Briefing Map

Hi ASA-Developer,last days I can no more open "View Route Briefing Map" after loading a flightplan. It ends with "ASA must be closed". I've reinstalled ASA (+SP Beta), but it didn't help. The only things, which are changed at my system are, that I have installed the PMDG MD11 and a service-update from Microsoft Windows (KB958687). I don't know, if that is the reason. I noticed also that the ASA-screen drops a little right down of my monitor-screen after opening ASA.For more information I've added the log-files, hope it can help to find the bug.RegardsDietmar

Hi ASA-Developer,last days I can no more open "View Route Briefing Map" after loading a flightplan. It ends with "ASA must be closed". I've reinstalled ASA (+SP Beta), but it didn't help. The only things, which are changed at my system are, that I have installed the PMDG MD11 and a service-update from Microsoft Windows (KB958687). I don't know, if that is the reason. I noticed also that the ASA-screen drops a little right down of my monitor-screen after opening ASA.For more information I've added the log-files, hope it can help to find the bug.RegardsDietmar
I am experiencing the same issue with the Beta. IIRC the error screen says something about Visual Basics being effected.

Hi,I would like to see the plans guys: jim(AT)hifisim.com.To the OP, yes it looks like a Visual Basic error. A reinstall of VB6 from Microsoft may help. I can find a link if you need one.Thanks,

Hi,I would like to see the plans guys: jim(AT)hifisim.com.To the OP, yes it looks like a Visual Basic error. A reinstall of VB6 from Microsoft may help. I can find a link if you need one.Thanks,
I updated/reinstalled the VB files Jim, and it seemed to work. Not sure why this happened, as I'm pretty sure I had this version prior.