Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Aircraft rolls to left... not joystick or p-factor

Sometimes (like now) I am flying and my aircraft rolls left, even after calibrating joystick & centering rudder. It happens with a sailplane, too, so it's not p-factor.I did some searches here but the terms are probably so generic there were way too many hits... sorry if this has been asked, but it's making a leisurely flight pretty annoying!Thanks,Andrew

Sometimes (like now) I am flying and my aircraft rolls left, even after calibrating joystick & centering rudder. It happens with a sailplane, too, so it's not p-factor.I did some searches here but the terms are probably so generic there were way too many hits... sorry if this has been asked, but it's making a leisurely flight pretty annoying!Thanks,Andrew
You don't have CH pedals do you? I recently had a problem with my CH pedals where they wouldn't center properly, even after many attempts at calibration. Eventually I took them apart, fiddled around a bit, put them back together again and they've been fine ever since. (I'd like to be able to report in better detail how I fixed them, but to be honest I've no idea.)Next time it happens, go to the fixed spot plane view, center the view, zoom in as necessary and make sure the rudder and ailerons are perfectly centered. If they're not you could be having the same problem I had.Colin

I also have this, and I dont have pedals. After searching I came to the conclusion it's supposed to be like this, but I'm not sure. I was hoping at least one could counter it with trim but I haven't been able to so far. As it is now I have to constantly adjust banking to the right.

Winds aloft?

Bert

Hi Bert - No winds aloft - happens regardless of direction.Thanks,Andrew
Last guess... do you have a weight imbalance right/left? I know... the sailplane did it too...I've certainly seen some of my aircraft want to roll left if the pilot weighed more than the passengeror the right fuel tank was being emptied..

Bert

Have you tried flying with a different controller? If you don't have anything else, disconnect what you have and fly with the keyboard and coordinated rudder.

Art

Guest JimC1702

A 200 lb. pilot sitting in the left seat of a light plane will cause it to veer left. Find a 200 lb. passenger to sit in the right seat. :)Jim