Sign in to follow this  
johnz

Out of Memory

Dear PMDG support,I recently bought MD-11X and as I

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hey here is an idea!Don't blame your poor PC choices on PMDG!You are running the MS ram monster Vista with only 2GB of ram... you need to double that at LEAST. If doubling your ram doesn't completely solve the issue, upgrading to vista 64-bit (along with 4GB of ram) will.And before you talk about how the LDS 767 works flawlessly, you should remember that it is an older add-on, is of lower fidelity systems wise, and generally less graphically intensive.

There's been numerous OOM reports with other addons as well - PIC/LDS, Flight 1 stuff, even the old PSS stuff.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey here is an idea!Don't blame your poor PC choices on PMDG!You are running the MS ram monster Vista with only 2GB of ram... you need to double that at LEAST. If doubling your ram doesn't completely solve the issue, upgrading to vista 64-bit (along with 4GB of ram) will.And before you talk about how the LDS 767 works flawlessly, you should remember that it is an older add-on, is of lower fidelity systems wise, and generally less graphically intensive.
Obviously, PMDG must change its minimum and recommended specs and make clear that a 64bit OS is necessary to run this product!John

Obviously, PMDG must change its minimum and recommended specs and make clear that a 64bit OS is necessary to run this product!John
Hi John!I'm sorry to say John I don't really agree with you. You could run it with an x32 system without having a single OOM. It depends onhow many add on ou have. Specially a ton of purchased nice really looking airports together with maybe UT/Terrain, and high complexac as PMDG, Super 80, Level D, and many others.....well then you could reach your limit in FS.No one could imagine that there would be so many REAL looking and REAL ac when FS was developed for a 32 bit of systems.Of course it's better to change, (if you have tons of nice add on, as I have), to a 64 bit of sytem, which can handle more than 2GB of Ram.I decided to change for about 2 weeks ago. Purchased XP pro 64 and another 2GB of Ram. Not that expensive. Some $ 260 I think it was.The worst thing however was that I had to Validate everything of my purchased ac and some of the scenery for XP64. It took me nearly aweek before all was set.Please see my thread about "Longhaul Flight from Copenhagen to Singapore" were I tested the XP64/ Leffe :(

YAh I am running a 32 bit version of XP, and I have no problems with OOM errors. I run the md 11 in FSX only, sliders up about 80 percent.I have a e8400 OC to 3.45, and ONLY 2 gb of mem which is OC'd as well.I generaly get 19- 40 FPS. Which is plenty good.Capn' ozPeter Osborn

Peter Osborn

Hi John!I'm sorry to say John I don't really agree with you. You could run it with an x32 system without having a single OOM. It depends onhow many add on ou have. Specially a ton of purchased nice really looking airports together with maybe UT/Terrain, and high complexac as PMDG, Super 80, Level D, and many others.....well then you could reach your limit in FS.No one could imagine that there would be so many REAL looking and REAL ac when FS was developed for a 32 bit of systems.Of course it's better to change, (if you have tons of nice add on, as I have), to a 64 bit of sytem, which can handle more than 2GB of Ram.I decided to change for about 2 weeks ago. Purchased XP pro 64 and another 2GB of Ram. Not that expensive. Some $ 260 I think it was.The worst thing however was that I had to Validate everything of my purchased ac and some of the scenery for XP64. It took me nearly aweek before all was set.Please see my thread about "Longhaul Flight from Copenhagen to Singapore" were I tested the XP64/ Leffe :(
Hello Leffe,Firstly, I would like to thank you for your reply.As per my FSX installation there is no other addon but MD-11 and Level D 767ER installed. I recently updated my hardware with 2 more gbs of memory and I have no problems so far.Did you know if is possible to update a 32bit OS to a 64bit one without a fresh install of the OS?Regards,John

I have personally never seen an OOM error in 32 or 64 bit. There's literally a million different variables that go into why some people see these and some don't. I have to think a lot of it begins with the state of Windows itself - an awful lot of people don't know how to setup XP or Vista for gaming and then keep it clean and working well. I know I've seen plenty of screenshots where people have a billion things running in the system-tray, obvious malware infections etc... all of that contributes to creating the environment for these OOMs to happen.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello Leffe,Firstly, I would like to thank you for your reply.As per my FSX installation there is no other addon but MD-11 and Level D 767ER installed. I recently updated my hardware with 2 more gbs of memory and I have no problems so far.Did you know if is possible to update a 32bit OS to a 64bit one without a fresh install of the OS?Regards,John
Hi John!Just install the new OS (x64) in another partition. You will then automatic have the possibility to choose which OS, you wanna start, since it wil be those line you