Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How to restore Concorde Panel State

If FS9 crashes en route I always seem to lose my Concorde flight for good: approaching JFK today after flying all the way from Heathrow I get an Out-of-Memory crash. Oh joy!!! According to the Concorde manual the panel state is supposed to be saved, but it never is, at least not so that I can resume the flight after I restart FS9. I have auto-save save my flight every 5 minutes or so..When I restart the saved flight I can usually get 'half' the panel state back if I load the saved flight more than once (again suggested in the manual), so that the engines are running, the altitude is as selected etc., but the AP and AT are disengaged and I cannot re-engage them. If I could do this I suppose I could salvage my afternoon's flying and land at JFK (short of flying in manually).Assuming that AutoSave is not saving sufficient information to get my full panel state back (can't locate any .sav files, though there is a .pss file in addition to the flt and wx files), can anyone advise how, once I've restored my flight and got the panel state 'half' back, as I put it, I can get the AP and AT working again? I'd have a good chance of continuing and finishing the flight if so.Thanks!Martin

Hi. I was just flying the Concorde EGLL to KJFK - had completed 90% of the flight when something when wrong with the graphics - so I used the Reload Aircraft facility to correct it. Mistake! The a/c was now almost cold & dark, no fuel pumps on, electrics etc. etc.So I came here looking for a solution and my search (unexpectedly) brought up this post from me over a year old. Plus another similar (also unanswered) -http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=211106&hl=Using the last good AutoSave.flt also brought up a pretty much dead a/c. There is a .pss file with the usual Autosave .flt and .wx files, but I can't see how to use that file to get the panel state back - there's no PSS tab on the menu bar (like for PMDG) for instance, so how do I get back the panel state as it was before things went wrong? If it isn't possible, what is the .pss created file forMany thanks for any help/advice,Martin Stebbing UK

Now the AutoSave file works just fine - Concorde reloads with the panel exactly as it was. I think (as far as I recall) that I closed down FS9 altogether this time before loading the AutoSave file. Could be that the .pss file doesn't load when FS9 is already running (though can't think why that might be the case). Can't think of any other reason why one time I get a dead panel and the next all is fine.Whatever (I must say this whilst I am posting this), there is almost no other aircraft in my FS9 setup (and I have dozens of them, CaptainSim, LVL-D, PMDG etc.) that is as beautiful to fly as this Concorde. It's a real class plane (as of course was the real-life bird!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.