Sign in to follow this  
syn

Cumulus with base at 30000ft

Hi,I returned to ASA after installing the beta update as I'm no longer getting CTDs with FS9 :( The problem is that in the last flights I've noticed that I'm getting regularly Cu cloud layers with base between FL250-300 and thickness around 5000ft that aren't supposed to be there.I have the four cloud sliders set to 0 with max layers set to 4, and checking both ASA local weather and WxConfig, and nearby stations on FS I don't see them in there.Im looking for any way to avoid them as I don't feel very realistic having Cu with base at thoose heights...Thanks,

Hi,Please post the METAR when this happens again in FS.Glad the other stuff has been fixed for you!Thanks,

Hi, happened again:Closest metar wasLEOC 212034Z 28703KT 16255 SCT106 04/M02 Q1018 RMK ADVANCED INTERPOLATIONDecoded text appears correct.WxConfig tab shows also only one layer at 10000ft.But in FS global weather settings there is a layer 28000-31000 of cumulus clouds.I hope you can trace it with this new info.

Hi,There is only one cloud layer so the WX Config screen is correct.On the Options/Cloud Options screen in ASA are the 4 cloud sliders set to zero?What was shown in FS itself, not on any of the weather screens?Thanks,

Yep Wx Config is correct, but my problem is that in FS I'm having thoose cumulus at 30000ft depicted. All 4 sliders set to 0 and cloud layers limited to 4. Changing the sliders to other than 0 I also get thoose clouds depicted by the way.And 90% of the times they appear, they usually appear suddenly in front of the aircraft and not smoothly at the draw distance set on the FS options.The other cloud layers and weather in general I see in FS seem to be consistent with the METAR, only these Cu at 30000ft are the problem for me.I'm using Flight Environment cloud textures but I don't think this should make any difference, but I want to make sure.

I'm seeing the same thing, almost once every flight at some point or another, thick cumulus layers with bases at FL300 or higher.

Hi All,Not really sure what is happening here. I will add this on our bug site and let our programmers take a look.Thanks,Jim