Sign in to follow this  
Guest agentsmith611

ASA winds aloft at surface still.

Guest agentsmith611

Hi, I have installed the beta update and seems to have fixed the connecting problem as far as closing and opening FSX without closing ASA so that is good. Still have a little cloud popping but looks good. However my wind problem is not fixed. With DWC on, I get winds aloft at any alt above I think 1500MSL. With DWC off, it fails at wind completely. Its really does suck though because I can never get the correct winds unless I take off and land at sealevel airports. Anything above and I get stuck with winds aloft. If its gusting then I get a combo I get the winds aloft direction and the Surface gust speeds. I have tried everything I could and am still getting this wind problem.Is anyone else getting this?? (Find out, Check a 5000MSL airport station look at the winds aloft report in ASA for that station, load FSX press shift-Z, check your wind speed and direction after its done shifting.) And any word on HiFi's testing side of what it might be? I know you guys didnt only test sea level airports. I know a quick fix,, I.E. A 3000ftMSL airport is reporting 190@5kt surface and 220kt@17kts winds aloft at 3000ft. The ASA could set the 3000ft winds aloft to the surface wind, but im not sure if or how well that would work.Thanks,Intel Q6600,2 gigs, 8800GTS G92, Vista 32bit, FSX Accel SP2, ASA upgrade

Hi,Can you throw out a location where you are seeing this and I'll be happy to check it out today.No need, I can reproduce this.Thanks,

Guest agentsmith611

Hi, It is not just a few airports, It is any airport that is above about 1500ftMSL. A few are KASE,KTVL,KTEX,KSEZ. Also lower airports all the way down to the actual MSL surface level.

Guest agentsmith611

I would also like to add if I turn winds aloft off I have no wind at all on the surface. Any luck reproducing my problem and if you want I can send you screenshots?Thanks

Hi,I posted at 3:23 PM yesterday that I reproduced this! I have added the issue to our fix list!!Thanks,

Guest agentsmith611

Hi, I'm sorry i didnt understand that part in your post. I thought you were reproducing my setup or something lol. Anyway thats great to hear. Thanks much