Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

DF734 Run-time error

Hey folks,I reinstalled the DF734 today, but I'm continually getting the following error:Run-time Error: 55File Not Found.It happens when I load the FMC. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've installed, reinstalled many times today without luck.TIA. :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I think the 'Run-time Error 55' is a VB error, maybe the FMC needs the VB5 or 6 run-time files.It is a long while since I installed the DF734 and the patch so can't be too sure, all I can say is I do not have a problem with it, OS is Win98SE.If I find anything more positive before someone else posts I will come back.Rgds

Just done a search on the DF forum John but without much luck :-( Only a couple of msgs, one to do with Text-O-Matic and the other deals with the FMC.The suggestion for that was a complete uninstall of DF734 and make sure all files are deleted, then reinstall and apply the patch making sure you select the correct version of FS.I would also try installing the VB run-time files for V5 and V6 see if that helps; they should be available from MS web site.I don't suppose the error says which file it can't find?

Hi John,I don't understand what the .cfg changes are. but thought as the error was the same that maybe a cfg edit might help you too. Maybe not...Good luck,Bruce.

Hi John,A couple of last shots.1) Have you tried the DF2000 forum for help?2) Based on Bruce's suggestion I wonder if it's a faulty or missing cfg file in the 737 Flight Management Computer folder?If it is a missing file the file count from my working FMC:-Main FMC folder- 2 files, the FMC exe V2.02 & the FMC.cfg fileData folder - 2 sub folders + 11 files2 sub folders are 'Sid' (1,249 files) & 'Star' (958 files)Help folder 26 filesImages folder, 9 files & 1 sub folder 'Buttons' with 323 filesTutorials folder, 3 files + 1 sub folder 'wavs' (53 files)HTH

Hiya Vulcan,Thanks for the help, its much appreciated. I left a message on the Flight1 support forum and recieved a response this morning my time.Seems my FS install was missing a certain .bgl file, I've installed it and its all working fine :)Again thanks :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

>Hiya Vulcan,>>Thanks for the help, its much appreciated. I left a message on>the Flight1 support forum and recieved a response this morning>my time.>>Seems my FS install was missing a certain .bgl file, I've>installed it and its all working fine :)>>>Again thanks :)>Great news John, glad it is working again.Now why couldn't the error msg have said it was a bgl file missing :-grr , who would have thought a bgl file would cause a problem with the FMC :-hmmm