Sign in to follow this  
Guest sagamol

FSX freezes because of GARMIN

Guest sagamol

anytime i enter a destination in the GARMIN GPS as soon as i type the first letter of the airport the game freezes up and i have to totally restart FSX . it does this with default Aircraft and ADD-ONS alike...the GPS works if i go through the flight plan program. but if i deside to just select a destination during a flight, open the GPS, click on PROGRAM, cycle the curser to the CALL LETTER BOX and type the first letter, FSX will freeze up..any help would be appreciated...Tom

anytime i enter a destination in the GARMIN GPS as soon as i type the first letter of the airport the game freezes up and i have to totally restart FSX . it does this with default Aircraft and ADD-ONS alike...the GPS works if i go through the flight plan program. but if i deside to just select a destination during a flight, open the GPS, click on PROGRAM, cycle the curser to the CALL LETTER BOX and type the first letter, FSX will freeze up..
"PROGRAM?" Do you mean the DTK (Direct-To) button? If you are having a lockup on the default FSX G500 or G1000 gauge, then there is something very wrong with your FSX installation, and I cannot begin to imagine what......do you get any sort of error message at all?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have the same problem with the G1000. The GPS500 works fine.The G1000 will work fine so long as I dont try to enter waypoints. Its been a while since I tried to use it but I used to have a 'double key' entry problem as well. I got a new keyboard and reinstalled OS and FSX and still th eproblems persisted.I quit using the G1000.Im hoping it will work on my next system. (whatever that will be -- and whenever I get it)I dont have any actual answers for you. Just letting you know you are not alone.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Some GPS let you type in with the keyboard, some not. If you type YMML into the default G1000, you'll end up most likely in slew mode... :(