Sign in to follow this  
Guest paveodie

Fuel Critically Low Message

Guest paveodie

I do not have the "Show flying tips" box checked in the options (fs9) but continue to get the fuel critically low message. Does anyone know how to eliminate this?I remember having this problem when I installed the 737NG moons ago but cannot remember the exact solution (nor has a search of various forums). I do faintly recall the solution being something about deleting a file (.ini? something simliar) and restarting FS to re-build the file and recognize the options I've set. Anyone familiar or have this problem/solutions. Thank you in advance.cheersTrevor

say type aircraft and confirm you have plenty of fuel?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest paveodie

Sorry about that, MD-11 and I have confirmed fuel is loaded/plenty of fuel. I've made flights with appropriate lvls of fuel from KATL-TNCM and and KATL-KDEN. I have landed with as much as 80k over the required fuel+alt+res but still get the msg. I also have "H" loading selected in the load manager and do not accomplish loading manually since I do not know enough about the correct load outs for w&b (if that info helps).cheersTrevor

I do not have the "Show flying tips" box checked in the options (fs9) but continue to get the fuel critically low message. Does anyone know how to eliminate this?I remember having this problem when I installed the 737NG moons ago but cannot remember the exact solution (nor has a search of various forums). I do faintly recall the solution being something about deleting a file (.ini? something simliar) and restarting FS to re-build the file and recognize the options I've set. Anyone familiar or have this problem/solutions. Thank you in advance.cheersTrevor
Trevor,Do you get this as an FS message? Double check that the "Show flying tips" box is unchecked. The MD-11 itself will not trigger such an FS message, low fuel warnings show only in the EAD and MCDU.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Guest paveodie

Michael,Affirmative, it is one of the FS flying Tip message boxes; however, I do not have that box checked in the FS options (re-confirmed). That's the confusing part. I do not get it with my DF727 or PSS757 but do with my MD-11. It's as if FS is not recognizing that I have it un-checked and it has only began since installing the MD-11. I recall having an issue with this long ago when I installed the pmdg 737NG (something in the way the fuel system is modeled/scripted to work within FS?) but had found a solution to it in a forum. Regardless of the solution/no solution, please do not take this as any indicator of my opinon of your products as I believe they are absoulutely wonderful.cheersTrevor

Try loading the default flight (which should be one of MS' own aircraft, such as the 172) and use the MS menu to ensure it has full fuel. Save flight as default and then try the MD11 again. Paul Smith.

Guest paveodie

Paul,Will give it a try and see how that goes!

Guest paveodie

Paul,I finally had the time to do as you instructed and then give the MD-11 another try. No such luck as I still get the Fuel Critically Low FS message. Any other thoughts on this?cheersTrevor

Are you making sure not to open or use the MSFS fuel page while the MD-11 is loaded? You must use the PMDG fuel load menu or load manager only.The only thing I can think of when you say deleting a file to rebuild for settings is your FS9.CFG file. It's in your documents and settings folder within Explorer.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest paveodie

Chris,Yepperz...I'm only using the PMDG load manager. Well, in my case, I have my fuel set through the load manager to then load the acft through the FMS options once I know the route fuel required (if that makes sense to you).As to the CFG file...might be the one, but my aging mind isn't sure. If I delete that file and then start FS, FS should rebuild it correct? Or is this a HUGE no-no and has nothing to do with anything?cheersTrevor

Guest paveodie

Can anyone help with this one or throw some ideas my way. Flts with the msg every 1-2 min is getting a bit old. c:format? :( cheersTrevor

Can anyone help with this one or throw some ideas my way. Flts with the msg every 1-2 min is getting a bit old. c:format? :( cheersTrevor
TrevorSorry that this does not answer your specific question, but I too had this message using the 747x and got rid of it by unchecking the 'flying tips' button. I always use a default aircraft and airport for the free flight page. CheersDuncan

Me too i get the message with the box not ticked , should we be looking in the FSX.cfg do you think ?Lee Marrow got to love the veg

Guest paveodie

Duncan,I've tried modifying the way I load the acft (if you can call it that). I first load the default C172 at the airport I am going to fly out of and once the C172 loads, select the MD11. I have had one flight where the msg did not show up and it is when I did the loading in this manner; however, on the next flight (duplicating the same loading technique) I did rcv the msg...so again I was at a loss.Lee,I've made a copy of my config file and took a look around...I'm wondering if "Quicktip=0" is the flying tip trigger as I saw nothing throughout the file that used the term "flying tip". At this point I am wondering if I should just uninstall and reinstall the acft.Anyone from PMDG...any help here? Any ideas why it's doing this or how to get it to stop??cheersTrevor

The MD-11 load manager doesn't load fuel onto the aircraft! it also states so. Use the PMDG refueling method to avoid all this. PMDG advised you that it is not their design which triggers your fault message.