Sign in to follow this  
Guest paveodie

Fuel Critically Low Message

Guest paveodie

umm....thanks, opher, but you add zero value to equation on this one. Your statements were useless and apparent that you failed to read/grasp the situation. Yes, it DOES have SOME link between their design/install and the sim or this would not be occuring. That particular message was no factor prior to installing their product. Because they say it "shouldn't" does not necessarily mean it is out of the realm of possibliity of occuring. I guess nobody should be getting CTD, black screens, OOM msg, etc either. As Lee has said, he is having the issue too. There is something at work here and I am asking for help to solve it if we can nail down the why part.I do not like to make posts of this kind but my cup flowith over reading through this forum's posts and seeing replies like yours to people just seeking help with the product. Operator error, failure to read, lack of understanding on someones part does not really justify some of the responses seen. While most people on this forum are indeed helpful and courteous, a handfull of people (like yourself) decide that the solution is in making a useless response post adding nothing to help the individuals with the problem. Gladly, I am aware that you do not speak on behalf of PMDG or their support team and have not seen the team make such responses (even as fustrating as some of the repetitive questions can be). I solicited for help and not your "too bad it's not their problem" wonderful reply.It is easy to make a reply like yours (like others have throughout this forum) when the issue has no affect on you; however, I'm sure when YOU have a problem you believe that it is of vital importance to solve. :( Next time, engage your grey-matter before your fingers when you try to "help" somebody with an issue.To all the others on this forum, my appologies for this rant and know that I do appreciate your help and knowledge base.Now back to solving the issue if possible...cheersTrevor

Trevor,I am ignoring the frustrated mood you were aparently in, still trying to help although it wasn't obvious. You wrote: "I'm only using the PMDG load manager. Well, in my case, I have my fuel set through the load manager to then load the acft through the FMS options once I know the route fuel required (if that makes sense to you)."I wrote back that fuel can neither be loaded into the MD-11 tanks by using the PMDG load manager, nor by FMC input. Once the aircraft is loaded and fuel calculated, the PMDG menu fuel item is used to set and confirm the quantity you need. You can see the amount loaded in the FMC INIT Weights page.Regarding your "extremely low fuel level" message triggered by FS9, try to find and set the value QUICKTIPS=1 in FS9.CFG and see. Not 100% sure it is the right one, but this is my setting for no tooltip display.HTH

umm....thanks, opher, but you add zero value to equation on this one. Your statements were useless and apparent that you failed to read/grasp the situation. Yes, it DOES have SOME link between their design/install and the sim or this would not be occuring. That particular message was no factor prior to installing their product. Because they say it "shouldn't" does not necessarily mean it is out of the realm of possibliity of occuring. I guess nobody should be getting CTD, black screens, OOM msg, etc either. As Lee has said, he is having the issue too. There is something at work here and I am asking for help to solve it if we can nail down the why part.I do not like to make posts of this kind but my cup flowith over reading through this forum's posts and seeing replies like yours to people just seeking help with the product. Operator error, failure to read, lack of understanding on someones part does not really justify some of the responses seen. While most people on this forum are indeed helpful and courteous, a handfull of people (like yourself) decide that the solution is in making a useless response post adding nothing to help the individuals with the problem. Gladly, I am aware that you do not speak on behalf of PMDG or their support team and have not seen the team make such responses (even as fustrating as some of the repetitive questions can be). I solicited for help and not your "too bad it's not their problem" wonderful reply.It is easy to make a reply like yours (like others have throughout this forum) when the issue has no affect on you; however, I'm sure when YOU have a problem you believe that it is of vital importance to solve. :( Next time, engage your grey-matter before your fingers when you try to "help" somebody with an issue.To all the others on this forum, my appologies for this rant and know that I do appreciate your help and knowledge base.Now back to solving the issue if possible...cheersTrevor

Trevor, The problem here is not directly related to the PMDG product. The way the MD-11 fuel system is designed (the same stands for the PMDG 747 as well), might trigger an FS "low fuel" warning, even in situations that the MD-11 is fully loaded with fuel. It does not make any difference if the fuel is loaded through the Load Manager, the PMDG menu or the refueling MCDU option. The reason for that is that we are modelling the manifold capacity as an FS fuel tank and the amount of fuel placed there seems to be below some FS minimum fuel weight limit. We are aware of that but we also know that the people using the PMDG products have no need for the FS flying tips and will have the flying tips option disabled in FS. This is how it worked with the 747 and the majority of the MD-11 users. Disabling "flying tips" solves the problem and, as we expected, we haven't yet heard form any user complaining that they have any reasons to have this option enabled.What happens in your case is that although you have the "flying tips" option disabled, FS still displays the tips (or at least this particular one). I can ensure you that the neither the MD-11 code or the MD-11 installation does mess at all or influences in any way this FS option. This means that the PMDG MD-11 is not responsible for the fact that the "low fuel" warning is still displaying with flying tips disbaled. This must be something on your end. To make it clear:- The MD-11 is responsible for triggering an FS low fuel warning. - With flying tips disabled this warning should not be displayed. - The MD-11 is not responsible that this warning is still displayed with the option disabled. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to guess why FS is behaving this way in your case. I don't doubt that you have done everything correctly and I will not be surprised to see that a few more users might experience this situation as well. I have seen unexpected FS behaviors before.If it was an MD-11 related problem and we could reproduce it we would be able to find whats going on and fix it. But since it is not an MD-11 problem even if we could reproduce it (and none of us or our beta team members has ever experienced that) it would be a matter of troubleshooting FS itseld, not the MD-11. This is why I have not been able to provide yet any answers to this problem. If your fs.cfg file has a "Quicktip=0" entry, the only explanation I can think of is any other FS application running at the same time that internally enables the tips option?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

The MD-11 load manager doesn't load fuel onto the aircraft! it also states so.
Er...? Seems to me it loads fuel just fine...?

Yes! for saved flights, but Create a flight no probs./ Leffe

I'm not sure what you mean. To me it seems that you do not undrestand the loading method of this aircraft. What happens when you load the aircraft for a flight in the load manager and not save it? that data isn't loaded for flight. When you save it and the data is stored, how much fuel is loaded? The answer is- as for the previously saved flight using the PMDG menu. Not the load manager.

Yes! for saved flights, but Create a flight no probs./ Leffe

I'm not sure what you mean. To me it seems that you do not undrestand the loading method of this aircraft. What happens when you load the aircraft for a flight in the load manager and not save it? that data isn't loaded for flight. When you save it and the data is stored, how much fuel is loaded? The answer is- as for the previously saved flight using the PMDG menu. Not the load manager.
Leffe is right. When you hit the "Save to file" button payload data is saved to the aircraft.cfg and the seleceted fuel load is saved to the MD11gauges.ini file. - When you start a new MD-11 flight from the FS "create a flight" menu, the above fuel load is used. - If you load a saved flight from the FS "select a flight" menu, the fuel at the time the flight was saved is used. - The same applies if you load a flight or panel state any time after you have launched the MD-11- In all cases the payload saved from the Load Manager is usedThis is what the Load Manager message "Fuel is not applied to saved flights" means.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Efxaristo Michael.

Leffe is right. When you hit the "Save to file" button payload data is saved to the aircraft.cfg and the seleceted fuel load is saved to the MD11gauges.ini file. - When you start a new MD-11 flight from the FS "create a flight" menu, the above fuel load is used. - If you load a saved flight from the FS "select a flight" menu, the fuel at the time the flight was saved is used. - The same applies if you load a flight or panel state any time after you have launched the MD-11- In all cases the payload saved from the Load Manager is usedThis is what the Load Manager message "Fuel is not applied to saved flights" means.

Efxaristo Michael.
I am having the same problem. I read through the thread but I did not get a specific answer to this problem. I have my show cockpit tooltips unchecked and this only happens when using the PMDG 747. I will load the plane with fuel using the load manager and still the messages occurs. :(

I have this same problem with the FSX PMDG 747. I have read the threads and the suggestions do not work. I have 289.9 in the aircraft, verified by the EICAS Fuel total fuel at the top of the panel. The tool tips is unchecked which I have checked numerous times to make sure. The FSX.CFG Quicktips=0 [PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0QUICKTIPS=0[slewTextInfo.2]I have only loaded the FSX with the PMDG 747. I do not get this with the PMDG J4100. Does anyone have any more recent ways to fix this?Sincerely,Lynn Fisher

QuickTips=1/0 is the tool tips you get when mousing over gauges, not the Flying Tips FSX generates.The flying tips are controlled by this entry:[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0/1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

QuickTips=1/0 is the tool tips you get when mousing over gauges, not the Flying Tips FSX generates.The flying tips are controlled by this entry:[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0/1
BINGO!! Finally the fix to this glitch. Thank you Ryan. I also had this issue after installing the MD-11.I never knew about this fathom Copilot and the only way I can see to turn him off in FSX is in the cfg file.Simple fix that maybe should have been explained earlier in simple terms for us simple minds. :biggrin:Thanks again,Jim Cranford

BINGO!! Finally the fix to this glitch. Thank you Ryan. I also had this issue after installing the MD-11.I never knew about this fathom Copilot and the only way I can see to turn him off in FSX is in the cfg file.Simple fix that maybe should have been explained earlier in simple terms for us simple minds. :biggrin:Thanks again,Jim Cranford
That setting is just the "Show Flying Tips" checkbox in the FSX realism options - checking it sets VirtualCopilot=1 and unchecking it sets it to 0.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com