Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominique

LCD screen and 32 bits

Guest Dominique

All the LCD 17" monitors I've checked on "only" support 16.7 millions colors i.e. 24 bit "true colors". Does it mean that they cannor run FS in 32 bits and default to a lower 16 bits scheme or is FS able to run in 24 bits ?do I miss something or what ?Dominique

My Eizo L565 runs superbly at 1280x1024 32 bit via a Ti4600.

Hi Dominique,This is a common misconception on GNU/Linux as well. When you run an analog monitor at 32 bits, you are receiving "only" a pallet of 16.7 million colors (24 bit), plus an 8-bit alpha channel. In GNU/Linux configs, there are no higher settings than "24bit" because in actuality thats the full pallet of colors you receive even with 32bit displays.Modern LCD and tube monitors provide the same effective color depth regardless of the terminology they use (both correct).Take care,Elrond---MS Flight Simulator Tips and TricksEnthused AVSIM Peon - with minor Bucket and Mop duties (they only let me roam near the AVSIM toilets!)

Guest Dominique

just what I needed, you're always of good help !Dominique