Sign in to follow this  
Borsi

TOGA Clickspot on MCP: W h e r e ?

Hello dear simmers.In manual of the beloved md-11 there is written about an clickspot on MCP for TOGA.Sorry: But since 10 days I'm looking for this clickspot, but can not find it!!Please can you tell me where I can find it?Thanks a lot, Boris

Hello dear simmers.In manual of the beloved md-11 there is written about an clickspot on MCP for TOGA.Sorry: But since 10 days I'm looking for this clickspot, but can not find it!!Please can you tell me where I can find it?Thanks a lot, Boris
Boris,What are you using TO/GA for? If it's for takeoff you don't need to actually push the button, you simply advance the throttle levers and the system will engage TO/GA automatically and set TO thrust for you. It's part of the TO CLAMP functionality.CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

If you are inquring about the 744, then it would be one of the top screws on the ND mode selector.

Boris,What are you using TO/GA for? If it's for takeoff you don't need to actually push the button, you simply advance the throttle levers and the system will engage TO/GA automatically and set TO thrust for you. It's part of the TO CLAMP functionality.CheersCraig
Maybe he wants to use it for a go around. This is true, it does mention it in the manual and I can't find the click spot either. Anyone know where it is?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

If I remember right, it should be the knob in the middle of the Thrustlevers.Frank

Maybe he wants to use it for a go around. This is true, it does mention it in the manual and I can't find the click spot either. Anyone know where it is?
Yes, it is exactly that: Using a clickspot is faster and easier in case of an go around !Boris

Hi all,re the MD-11 i worked around this by assigning strg-shift-G as TO/GA-Button. So whenever there is the need to perform a go-around i simply hit this and i am all set.BestHolger Dallmeyer

Boris, It is the white round switch on the middle (engine #2) thropttle lever.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hi all,re the MD-11 i worked around this by assigning strg-shift-G as TO/GA-Button. So whenever there is the need to perform a go-around i simply hit this and i am all set.BestHolger Dallmeyer
Yes, Holger,I'm going to do the same: I will assign a key stroke on my Saitek command unit (in German: zus

Yes, Holger,I'm going to do the same: I will assign a key stroke on my Saitek command unit (in German: zus

..Sorry....a last word from me here to all readers who don't know what is exactly written in the manual theme Autoflight, Page AUTO.10.4 , Go-Around (GA) Switch:"..There is also a clickspot on the Upper Left MCP Screw for use in the 2D cockpit".So that means, this is NOT the white button between the throttles.!.you know..this clickspot has tobe somewhere else. But it looks like nobody knows about it..Thanks for trying to help me,Boris
Boris, You are right, no clickspot on the FCP. I just noticed that in the manuals. Obviously the author of the manuals had in mind the PMDG 747 screw clickspot (hence he wrote MCP instead of FCP).

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Boris, You are right, no clickspot on the FCP. I just noticed that in the manuals. Obviously the author of the manuals had in mind the PMDG 747 screw clickspot (hence he wrote MCP instead of FCP).
Thanks for the answer. I knew about the click-spot on the throttles, it was the one mentioned in the manual (screw clickspot) that I've been looking for too.Looks like a key assignment is the best solution.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

It would be great if could have a clickspot for activating the Go Around in the Flight Control Panel,...

Iñigo Bildarratz

It would be great if could have a clickspot for activating the Go Around in the Flight Control Panel,...
Thanks for clearing that up , i was also trying to find the GA click spot on the panel as its quicker then opening up the Throttles and pressing the white button , i assigned a key command too ..but i have now brought FS2CREW for the MD11 so no need now , i just use the red GA Button from FS2CREW. Rich

ugcx_banner.png