Sign in to follow this  
Guest ronb777

Multiscreen systems for FSX

Guest ronb777

Hi,I am setting up a new system using Intel quad 9400, 4Gb ram, 620 GB HDD, 160 Gb HDD, 2 x Asus 9800GT graphics boards c/w 1Gb ram each, Asus P5N-D motherboard, 3 Monitors, JH Yoke and pedals.Can anyone adise where I might find information on setting up multiscreen systems?I am having difficulty getting all screens to work at the same time. eg. I get pictures on two screens from one card while the monitor on the second card only shows the cursor.I have not been able to find any information on how to set up FSX for this type of system and would appreciate any help.Thanks.Ronb777

Guest RonB49
Hi,I am setting up a new system using Intel quad 9400, 4Gb ram, 620 GB HDD, 160 Gb HDD, 2 x Asus 9800GT graphics boards c/w 1Gb ram each, Asus P5N-D motherboard, 3 Monitors, JH Yoke and pedals.Can anyone adise where I might find information on setting up multiscreen systems?I am having difficulty getting all screens to work at the same time. eg. I get pictures on two screens from one card while the monitor on the second card only shows the cursor.I have not been able to find any information on how to set up FSX for this type of system and would appreciate any help.Thanks.Ronb777
Does your Desktop appear on the third monitor and are you able to slide Windows programs to that monitor? If not, then go to Display Properties > Settings and click "Extend Desktop" on the third monitor. If Windows is able to use that monitor and it is just FSX with a problem then I don't know. Until recently I had three monitors running from two cards and FSX would use all three. I should add that I have WinXP and I know nothing about Vista.BTW, I like the first part of your user name.R-

HI Ron-I am running 3 Dell 19" screens, and an additional 17" for avionics in FSX via the Matrox Triple Head To Go expansion module:http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxmand a single GeForce 8800GTS with 2 outputs and using 97.92 drivers. Hope that helps.Cheers,Alex ChristoffBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest ronb777

Thanks RonB49 and N562ZI have now got the 3 screens working but although I get 2 screens on one card the same the 3rd screen on the second card only has the desktop. I will keep trying using your suggestions although I do not intend using the TH2Go as the two graphics cards should be able to do the same job.RonB49 our user names are similar as are our age. I am in that great state of Western Australia which could be classed as the Australian Texas but I think we are larger!regardsRonb777

Thanks RonB49 and N562ZI have now got the 3 screens working but although I get 2 screens on one card the same the 3rd screen on the second card only has the desktop. I will keep trying using your suggestions although I do not intend using the TH2Go as the two graphics cards should be able to do the same job.RonB49 our user names are similar as are our age. I am in that great state of Western Australia which could be classed as the Australian Texas but I think we are larger!regardsRonb777
Hi RonI use multiple monitors and video cards, and TH2go. There's really no way to duplicate what TH2go does with two video cards, that I know of anyway, if the object is to run FSX in Full Screen mode. If I'm following you, the outside view, which is desirable to be placed across 3 side-by-side screens, won't work using two cards, unless perhaps in Windowed mode. My FSX runs poorly in Windowed mode. And running the outside view on just two screens...you end up with the break in view right in the middle. OK for autolands; bad for manual landings.Once you go to Full Screen mode, the images snap to whatever screen they were mostly on. I say "mostly on", because, for example, with the PMDG MD-11, before I go to Full Screen, part of the Capt's panel, the center post etc. spill over onto the upper screens. But when I go to Full Screen, only the portion on the lower screen shows. (Thank goodness Microsoft made it this way.) Maybe someone else has had better luck trying to span multiple monitors in Full Screen; bad stuff always happened when I tried this.I see you're on the other end of this great continent...I'm on the east coast in Brisbane. This stuff is a whole lot easier to explain in a 2-way conversation, and I could get a better understanding of just what you're trying to do. I'll PM you my contact details; feel free to call if you would like to discuss further.By the way, are you running WinXP or Vista?Noel WBrisbaneP.S. Here's a pic of my system a while back when I was using four monitors...is this what you're after?

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

It may not be what he is after-but I'd sure like to be there sometime in my future.That looks perfect.To someone who is totally unfamiliar with any of this-I assume the outside views are on the triple head and the cockpit view is with a separate video card. How about the lower resolution of the triple head-is that not really a problem on bigger monitors with higher resolution than the triple head can support now?Is the cockpit then in 2d? How does a virtual cockpit work with this setup?Sorry if the questions are naive-but I have no experience here.Thanks!

It may not be what he is after-but I'd sure like to be there sometime in my future.That looks perfect.To someone who is totally unfamiliar with any of this-I assume the outside views are on the triple head and the cockpit view is with a separate video card. How about the lower resolution of the triple head-is that not really a problem on bigger monitors with higher resolution than the triple head can support now?Is the cockpit then in 2d? How does a virtual cockpit work with this setup?Sorry if the questions are naive-but I have no experience here.Thanks!
Hi GeofaMy 'outside view' monitors are 4:3 19" 1280x1024. So TH2go Digital (a must, not the analog version with no 'bezel management') tells the computer that those three screens are really just one screen at 3840x1024. So that is on one port of the graphics card, the other drives the lower screen. They can be different resolutions. You must tell FSX that each are different as well (in the Display menu). There is a driver upgrade for TH2go which allows you to use three widescreen monitors for a resolution of 5000+ x 1000+ (I don't recall the exact resolution).And yes, I use only 2D panels. I have seen people just use the TH2go and VC, plus TrackIR. That's a nice arrangement as well.Now this is just me of course, but I like the sharpness of the 2D panels, and nothing blocking my outside view. With three screens totally dedicated to the outside world, you can sure see a lot more. Coupled with all of the nice texture and terrain modifying addons (GEX, UTX, REX, FEX, FTX etc), the view can be spectacluar.In my current setup I'm using six screens. In the same way that the extra screens open up the outside view, more panel views give you more room to layout the instruments and other detachable windows. A lot depends on how accommodating the addon developer with their panel management. PMDG is a good friend to the multi monitor users, as are others.There's a pic of my mostly complete system in this post (maybe you saw this already): Pic of MultiMonitorsHope this helps.Noel WBrisbane

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold