Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwstevenson

Captain Sim F-104 Problem

Greetings - I just purchased Capt Sim's F-104 package and downloaded it, however, never got an activation code the download will recognize to let me "unlock" it. We don't get a paper credit card statement, everything is done electronically so the letter/number activation combo never showed up on the statement as Capt Sim said it would - nor can I get any kidn of tech support from Capt Sim, as it seems - all emails turn out to be "circular," they keep coming back saying I've got to go to the Capt Sim tech support site, yet when I do fill out the help form and email it in I get a reply saying I've got to go to the help site - not sure what to do at this point - I need an activation code from Capt Sim! Does anyone know of an email address where you can send something that will be answered by someone? Thanks :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Greetings - I just purchased Capt Sim's F-104 package and downloaded it, however, never got an activation code the download will recognize to let me "unlock" it. We don't get a paper credit card statement, everything is done electronically so the letter/number activation combo never showed up on the statement as Capt Sim said it would - nor can I get any kidn of tech support from Capt Sim, as it seems - all emails turn out to be "circular," they keep coming back saying I've got to go to the Capt Sim tech support site, yet when I do fill out the help form and email it in I get a reply saying I've got to go to the help site - not sure what to do at this point - I need an activation code from Capt Sim! Does anyone know of an email address where you can send something that will be answered by someone? Thanks :(
Check your SPAM folder, whitelist them. Possible they are having an issue today, website seems up and down. My last email to them took a couple of days.When you up and running, let me know if you'd like some 104 MP flying. Cloud9 has some nice MIL bases in Italy.

Greetings - I copied the email I got today from Capt Sim - here it is: PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL. REPLIES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.Greetings, Thank you for contacting Captain Sim.Please use the received 4020986427Customer Support is available at: http://www.captainsim.com/support/Sending an email to this address will not allow you to reach a representative.This address is only for sending notifications.Thank you,Captain Sim Customer Support TeamSaturday, January 17, 2009, 2:19:48 AM, you wrote:CSS> Order Number: CSS> Product: Legendary F-104CSS> Purchased via: SWREG : CSS> Purchaser's name: Michael W. StevensonCSS> Purchaser's email: CSS> E-Mail ReceiptCSS> Dear Valued Customer,CSS> Thank you for your purchase.CSS> Your Order Number: 4020986427CSS> Please download and install the "Legendary F-104" v1.2, ( 48.33 Mb ):CSS> Server 1 (USA): http://www.captainsim.org/download/ea04de0...csf104_1200.exeCSS> ----------------CSS> Please note: the download URLs will expire in 72 hours.CSS> Your PC must be connected to Internet for the installation.CSS> Order Number is required for the installation.CSS> Please do not reply to this receipt.CSS> Customer Support is available at: http://www.captainsim.com/support/CSS> Thank you!CSS> Best regards,CSS> Captain SimCSS> http://www.captainsim.comCSS> 2Checkout.com Order Number 4020986427CSS> Contents of your purchase:CSS> Product ID : 4CSS> Vendor Product ID : f104CSS> Product Description: FS9 VersionCSS> Product Name : Legendary F-104CSS> Quantity : 1CSS> Handling Fee: 0.00CSS> Total : 9.99 ( EUR )CSS> Billing InformationCSS> Michael StevensonCSS> IP: 98.218.153.52 IP Location: Unknown ( United States )CSS> CSS>CSS> CSS> ---CSS> CommentsCSS> I have not received any order number that can be input into the required field in the download. I still have the download on my desktop but can not open it. Coming up on better than a week nowCSS> and no progress. Please help. Thank youCSS> Michael W. StevensonCSS> ------------------------------------------------------------------------I did exactly as they said and typed in "4020986427." First, I accepted the terms of the EULA - then, confirmed I had the order number handy. I typed in the number and hit "next." I then get a very small dialog box that says "redis" (I had to check a translator to find out this means "repeat" in French), with an "OK" button. Hit that and you go right back to the desktop where you started. Not sure if I want to conduct any more business with this firm, however, I do want to get the download working. Just wanted to put down precisely what is happening so, on the off-chance someone from Capt Sim reviews this they'll know what the problem is.Thanks for listening and the helpMike S.

I see that I am not the only one this week with this problem as it relates to the purchase of the Captain Sim F-104. I have received nothing but the runaround as well. They keep telling me that I am doing something wrong. I posted a step-by-step of what I was doing, and the "Captain Sim 2" person in their forum tells me that I was looking at the wrong knowledge base number. Jeez, I typed 42 instead of 92, but the entire step-by-step spelled out the procedure for kb92. If he/she had actually read what I wrote, perhaps they would see my problem.From what I can see here, you are having similar issues. There is NO customer support with which you can talk to a real person to resolve an issue. They only refer you to previous fixes. Well guess what... the previous fix is not working in this case. I have other products from them, and they have worked without incident. Here we purchase one of their older models, and it does not work. You would think that they could have worked the bugs out by now.I have another response to them on their forum, it will be interesting to see how they respond next. I am also interested if you receive some sort of resolve.Daredevil

Hello all, I see I'm not the only one. I hate that this is happening, but glad I'm not in this alone. has anyone had any luck with a resolution for this problem. Please help. thanks Snake1

I had problems also. You need to do what they call an "offline activation" Basically you need to run 2 files from Cap Sim, Log into your account, click on the F104, page for F104 opens, then go below and click support. It will take you to the support page. Open up the F104 in the first drop down, then look for download and installation in the second drop down.Line 42 should say "42.During installation dialogue box REDIS appears and installation crashes." . Click the link Manual Offline Activation and read the instructions "carefully" There is a zip file containing 2 files you need to download that generate a key and activate a key once you recieve it back. You run the first file (Activate 1 I think it's called), follow the instructions and it will generate a key code, save this as a txt file, do not send it by email. It won't work. Go to the link provided at the Captain sim sight in the directions. It will give you a link to another page that you can upload the text file too. I think you need to fill out your order number etc. Took 2 days but I recieved the keycode back. I did do it on the weekend so that might be the reason for the delay. Once you recieve the new keycode, run Activate 2 from the downloaded zip file. It will give you a spot to put in the keycode, etc. After it finishes, run your Cap Sim F104 installer. I should bypass the activation and proceed to install. I cannot link to the page you need as you need to login to get to it. I'll cut and paste the text for you though.Q: I'm going to install F-104 on my PC, which is not connected to Internet, how can I do it?A: Offline activation is available. I - SEND YOUR ACTIVATION REQUEST TO CAPTAIN SIM. 1. Download 'Legendary F-104' Offline Activation File (180 kB) (<<<<this is the Link :) ) to any PC which is connected to the Internet and transfer the file using any media like floppy disc, removable HD, etc to your PC upon which you intent to use the product. 2. Unzip downloaded files to any folder on PC upon which you intent to use the product. 3. Run (double click) "F104_Activate-1.exe". 4. Enter your Order Number (you can find it in your payment receipt). 5. Enter your purchases e-mail (you can find it in your payment receipt). 6. Press "Save Code to File" button. Please press 'OK', select the location and save the file. Do NOT rename the file7. Transfer the file using any media like floppy disc, removable HD, etc to any PC connected to Internet. 8. Logon to this form. (<<<<this is the link to the form:) )9. Fill all the fields. 10. Press 'Browse' button and attach the generated *.txt offline activation file. 11. Click SEND button. Then install the product. Here is where Cap sim got sketchy :) You can't install yet, you have not recieved the keycode :( So Ignore this for nowUpon your data receipt CS Support Officer will generate and email you back an Offline Activation Key. He never tells you what to do with the keyfile :( This is where "Activate 2" is used :) Run activate 2 and put in/attach/type (I can't remember) the keycode that was sent to you by Cap Sim, order number etc. After it finishes, run the F104 installer, it should install without any errorsPlease note: Our office business hours are Monday to Friday 7:00-16:00 GMT. Please note: You will not receive the Offline Activation Key in the following cases: - The Order Number was not found in our database; - The Order Number was locked by our system His directions are not actually correct and I edited in some comments to put you on the right track :) As long as your FS pc is connected to the internet you can ignore the "transfer to another pc stuff". Hope this helps but it did work for me. If your on vista, make sure you right click on all the exe's mentioned above, click properties, then compatibility. Check "run in administrator mode" Remember, all 3 files, Act 1, Act 2 and the F104 installerOne other thing, never give out your order # Larry