Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Scenery Design Software

I thought I would ask this here in a more general forum for a broader response. I want to design scenery for my own use in FS2K2. Embedded macros, multiple elevations, roads, etc. Freeware or not is unimportant. I just want something that will do the job. I am a computer programmer by trade so the learning curve does not bother me ..... as I said, I just want the best product for designing my own part of the world!What are your suggestions?Dave

Hey Dave, being a programmer you have an edge already! LOL For good results I recommend GMAX and then FSRegen to make macros and either airport or FSSC for placement and other enhancements. To take it to the next level and for great results I recommend getting the scenery SDK, Ground 2K, Coastline editor, Landclass assistant and head over to the scenery design forum, there are plenty of indepth discussions on these tools and understanding how to manipulate the scenery in FS.I am still on the first level using NOVA and EOD to make objects, using FSSC and also using alpha channels for blending. I have tried GMAX so many times, but I haven't gotten the grasp of it. Best of luck!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW