Sign in to follow this  
wana

A PROBLEM WITH MD-11

Finally got the MD-11 to fly under my control(most of the time airborne is AUTOFLIGHT of course). after 100hr with the MD-11 on the route operation, i find a problem that i want to discuss with you guys here.Take a standeard takeoff( FMC set without any problem) and conduct a SID. usually, you will encouter a altitude constraint for example FL128ft, with the PROFILE mode engaged and MCP set the enroute FL, the MD-11 will level off at FL128 automatically utill passing the constraint point with the ECON climb speed usually over 310Knots, ok , then ,the problem coming, once it passing the point and begin to nose up again, with the AT increases the power to the CLB throttle and the FMA tells me the speed mode is PITCH means AUTOFLIGHT will use pitch up or down to maitain the ECON CLE speed, however, maybe, i say maybe, the pitch control is somehow sluggish or the AT increase the power too fast, the IAS increase about 10knots beyond the target speed with the VS exceeding 6000ft/min to slow the ACFT down, that is dangerous cause above FL100 the ECON CLB speed is near the OVERSPEED MARGIN and already caused the overspeed warnings TWICE to me ! I think the problem lies in the Autoflight system, i mean there coordinations. the same problem lies in WILCO AIRBUS whole fleet and unfortunately now exits in the PMDG fleet( PMDG737 is ok with this). Any body has some idear about this?

I highly doubt the problem lies with the pmdg MD-11 , Pmdg 737 and the wilco airbuses.You are obviously doing something wrong and until somebody with better knowledge of the systems than me helps you out I can only suggest going through the sections regarding autoflight in the manuals.Richy

Finally got the MD-11 to fly under my control(most of the time airborne is AUTOFLIGHT of course). after 100hr with the MD-11 on the route operation, i find a problem that i want to discuss with you guys here.Take a standeard takeoff( FMC set without any problem) and conduct a SID. usually, you will encouter a altitude constraint for example FL128ft, with the PROFILE mode engaged and MCP set the enroute FL, the MD-11 will level off at FL128 automatically utill passing the constraint point with the ECON climb speed usually over 310Knots, ok , then ,the problem coming, once it passing the point and begin to nose up again, with the AT increases the power to the CLB throttle and the FMA tells me the speed mode is PITCH means AUTOFLIGHT will use pitch up or down to maitain the ECON CLE speed, however, maybe, i say maybe, the pitch control is somehow sluggish or the AT increase the power too fast, the IAS increase about 10knots beyond the target speed with the VS exceeding 6000ft/min to slow the ACFT down, that is dangerous cause above FL100 the ECON CLB speed is near the OVERSPEED MARGIN and already caused the overspeed warnings TWICE to me ! I think the problem lies in the Autoflight system, i mean there coordinations. the same problem lies in WILCO AIRBUS whole fleet and unfortunately now exits in the PMDG fleet( PMDG737 is ok with this). Any body has some idear about this?
Please use a standard font size and color when asking for assistance, and please punctuate your posts. Sentences should be separated with a period, and each sentence should start with a capital letter. Your post is nearly impossible to read. Your post is also in violation of PMDG forum rules. You must sign your real name to every post in the PMDG forum.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Same problem before I read more of the manual. Yes I had to read more than just a few pages to solve most of the problems being listed on this site. No shortcuts with this plane.