Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom R

ASX Temps issue

Guest Tom R

Hey, I have Active Sky X and for some reason, my temps are 47C @ 34000 feet?That is definately wrong. Does anyone know whats going on?

Hey, I have Active Sky X and for some reason, my temps are 47C @ 34000 feet?That is definately wrong. Does anyone know whats going on?
I have been getting unrealistically high temps in ASX and ASA as well. Not sure why I have only noticed this recently (last month or so).This weekend I was flying around the Thunder Bay area, and my temps were 20 F at 7-8,000 ft. I have a hard time believing that could be the case, as the temps on the ground were probably at least that, if not lower.That is just one example, but I have seen similar prior.

Hi All,Can you clarify that you are getting these temps in AS or are you getting them in FS, after AS processes the data.That will really help us track down the problem.Thanks!

Guest johnz63

Hi Jim,I have a similar issue. I moved my aircraft to airport mumz and it sat on the runway for a couple of hours. The first thing I noticed was that the temp per ASA was different than that displayed on the panel of my Bombadier. Then after a couple of hours the temp on the panel was increasing while the temp per ASA was decreasing. The wind speed and direction was also different. I have had these weird variances with ASX in the past and have posted on it and was hoping it might be fixed in ASA. The general reply was that it is an FSX issue. I also have a competiive weather engine product and the temps are spot on. In other words no difference between the engine and what is displayed in FSX. Overall I think ASA is far superior to the competitive products however not having the correct temp readings and wind direction correctly displayed in FSX takes away from the realism.ThanksJohn

Hi John,I fired up my ASA, went to MUMZ and sat.ASA reported a temp of 20.5, my default 737-800 panel reported a temp of 21.ASA reported winds of 25503KT, the 373 panel reported a wind of 260@03 as did the shift/z read out, so taking into consideration the MagVar of -6 these were spot on.So I couldn't reproduce this.DWC On?FSUIPC installed or no?Thanks,

Hi All,Can you clarify that you are getting these temps in AS or are you getting them in FS, after AS processes the data.That will really help us track down the problem.Thanks!
Jim, I am monitoring the temps via the OAT gauge from the aircraft I am flying. In the example I gave above, it was the Carenado 182Q, but in the past week or so, I also saw the OAT reading in the Aerosoft F16 much higher than what I believed it should be (cruising at 40,000+). But, there have been other instances. To be honest, I've only been paying attention lately since the really cold weather has hit, as I am constantly aware of the need for carb heat, or not, (an issue I still have issues with in FSX even though some say the carb heat/temps is a placebo), especially when flying aircraft like the A2A B377.Thus, to be honest, I'm not sure 'where' these temps are coming from. I simply assumed ASA/ASX was feeding FS the temps, and being reflected in my OAT gauge.I am running the latest registered version of FSUIPC.

Guest Tom R

Im showing ASX's temp different from the FS temp gauge.So it seems as if ASX isnt transmitting the temps to FS.I dont think that anything else is effected.

Guest johnz63

Hi Jim,Thanks for the response. I loaded FSX and ASA and everthing seemed to be working. I have noticed however that when on the ground - greater than 10 miles from a weather station and stationary for several hours the actual weather in FSX seems to deviate from that reported in ASA. In other words FSX does appear to be picking up the correct weather changes from ASA. If I then move towards a weather station and get to within a certain radius FSX picks up and properly dipicts the weather from ASA. Any thoughts on this?ThanksJohn

Hi,We do use more station blending in ASA then in previous editions.Thanks,

Guest johnz63

Hi Jim,I don't think it's a blending issue. It doesn't seem right that weather doesn't change in FSX when sitting stationary on the ground outside a certain radius of a weather station. If I slew closer as I described below FSX picks up the correct weather.I would be curious of the result you get if you perform the following:1) Position an aircraft or vehicle at least 15 miles from weather station MRCH with MRCH still the closest in ASA. 2) Wait at least 12-24 hours. Over this period of time you will notice increasingly larger deviations between FSX and ASA (wind, temp, cloud cover, etc.). For example, no changes in temperature and wind direction in FSX. 3) Slew closer to the weather station MRCH and you will notice once you get inside a certain radius the weather changes in FSX to conform to ASA. 4) If you slew back to the the position in 1) above, weather is accurately depicted in FSX. Jim, I am not sure if this is a consistent issue with other weather stations. ThanksJohnHi Jim,I don't think it's a blending issue. It doesn't seem right that weather doesn't change in FSX when sitting stationary on the ground outside a certain radius of a weather station. If I slew closer as I described below FSX picks up the correct weather.I would be curious of the result you get if you perform the following:1) Position an aircraft or vehicle at least 15 miles from weather station MRCH with MRCH still the closest in ASA. 2) Wait at least 12-24 hours. Over this period of time you will notice increasingly larger deviations between FSX and ASA (wind, temp, cloud cover, etc.). For example, no changes in temperature and wind direction in FSX. 3) Slew closer to the weather station MRCH and you will notice once you get inside a certain radius the weather changes in FSX to conform to ASA. 4) If you slew back to the the position in 1) above, weather is accurately depicted in FSX. Jim, I am not sure if this is a consistent issue with other weather stations. ThanksJohn

Hi ASA TeamI noticed temperature jumps yesterday evening on a long range flight out of KIAD! FSX, PMDG MD11, FSUIPC registered and wind corrections disabled, ASA with patch.On the ASA Report and Briefing page wind as well as temperature looks fine. In the area just south of New York City I recognized temperature jump on the MD11 OAT display from -40C to +40C. This temperature change on the MD11 side changes the stall speeds, engine thrust limits and so on. Let's say no flyable conditions.Between New York and Boston (FL290 - FL310) several temperature changes happened +40C to -38C to +40C to -35C. At the end the OAT temperature settled down around -18C north of the Boston area.Any idea, help?Best regardsBruno

Hi,Please try with a default plane and see what happens.Thanks,

Guest KathyPilot

As with EMM and others, I am experiencing a large delta from ISA. For instance, at 34000 I would expect no more than +/- 10 or 15 on average from ISA, but I have a delta from ISA in the range of +40. Additionally, data as presenta in the ASA briefing page is quite different from the surrounding Winds Aloft reports from http://aviationweather.gov/products/nws/fdwinds/. For RW flying I use this site for flight planning (along with AOPA) and most times they are very close. I cannot use ASA for proper flight with these large deltas from ISA because the complex aircraft I use in FSX depend on ISA to compute engine performance. Also, the winds are not reported accurately nor do they maintain a direction. As far as using a simple aircraft - did that. Latest version of ASA, nothing else running except FSUIPC4 with no wx settings. Also, I have tried the various settings in ASA (smoothing, pseudo stations, etc) to no effect for this problem.Interestingly enough, using the FS downloaded wx provides correct lapse rates, ISA and winds. I want to use ASA for many of the features but this is making it difficult.Please investigate.Thanks.Katherine

Guest KathyPilot

Just bringing this ISA and lapse-rate issue up again. If it has been addressed elsewhere, please accept my apologies.Katherine

Hello,We are investigating this. Thanks everyone for your feedback.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies