Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

MD11 for FS9, no transitions at EDDF

Hello,I have installed the latest AIRAC cycle from Navigraph and it seems I have no transitions available on the MD11 FS9 FMC on arrival at Frankfurt. Just to test that the AIRAC is ok, I checked with the PMDG 747 FMC and the transitions appear as usual.On the FMC, my last waypoint is Osmax and after selecting for an ILS25R approach, I would expect to see an Osmax STAR and an Osmax Transition available but the FMC just says 'no trans'.I expect I am doing something wrong.Any advice?ThanksRenzo

Bill Miller

The last time I looked, the transition is part of the approach. True, you won't see it when selecting arrival and star in the md11; however, after you insert the star you then get a second screen of choices for the approach transitions and this is where you will find the route from arrival to approach.

Dan Downs KCRP

The last time I looked, the transition is part of the approach. True, you won't see it when selecting arrival and star in the md11; however, after you insert the star you then get a second screen of choices for the approach transitions and this is where you will find the route from arrival to approach.
SID/STAR data are produced by Navigraph not by PMDG. Sorry out of our control.Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

If there was a problem with the Navigraph data, then I would have expected the trnasitions not to appear in the 747 FMC either, but they do. I know tha tis not conclusive evidence of anything, just a thought.Maybe I am not operating the MD11 correctly. In the 747, you select your runway in the Arrivals page for EDDF and the approriate STARS appear on the left in the FMC and the transitions appear on the right. In the MD11, you slect the runway and the STARS are on the left but it states 'no trans' below the STARS and the transitions do not appear whatever I select or don't select in terms of runways or STARS.Perhaps if someone has time, they could check out the approach page for EDDF so I can work out whether it is Navigraph, MD11 or me that is the problem.(Dan, just noticed the second part of your post. I didn't notice a second page setting out the transitions after selecting a STAR for EDDF. I will check it out this evening. Thanks for your input.)ThanksRenzo

Bill Miller