Sign in to follow this  
Guest jon419

FSX Kneeboard all black in Windows 7 beta

Guest jon419

So, I am messing around with this Windows 7 beta I got from my MSDN account and I thought I would try FSX on it. Everything seems to work great (even better than my Vista boot) except for the kneeboard.When I bring it up, the kneeboard all the "pages" in it are black. Anyone else using Windows 7 Beta able to confirm this as well?

Guest fjbeltran
So, I am messing around with this Windows 7 beta I got from my MSDN account and I thought I would try FSX on it. Everything seems to work great (even better than my Vista boot) except for the kneeboard.When I bring it up, the kneeboard all the "pages" in it are black. Anyone else using Windows 7 Beta able to confirm this as well?
I have the same problem, no idea but it seems to be common to Vista 64 and 7.

My monitor was set to 59 Hz instead of 60 due to a previoiusly set non-native resolution.I fixed that and the black background (for me it was traffixFX, was resolved.

I have the same problem, no idea but it seems to be common to Vista 64 and 7.
It's not common to Vista x64. I'm running Vista x64 and the kneeboard displays just fine.

I think this is related to IE8. The only folks I've seen reporting this problem are either running Win 7 (which only has IE8) or they are running Vista with IE8 installed. I'm suspecting something in the MSHTML library has been broken by the install of IE8 and the kneeboard uses MSHTML to render the HTML pages that make up the kneeboard displays.Tim

Guest jon419
I think this is related to IE8. The only folks I've seen reporting this problem are either running Win 7 (which only has IE8) or they are running Vista with IE8 installed. I'm suspecting something in the MSHTML library has been broken by the install of IE8 and the kneeboard uses MSHTML to render the HTML pages that make up the kneeboard displays.Tim
I suspect you are right. Thanks.I just tried FSX on my laptop which is Vista and IE8 and I am having the same issue....hmmm...wonder what the chances are of getting this fixed with ACES closing its doors.