Sign in to follow this  
Guest pbsmgm

Vista64

Guest pbsmgm

First, I learned that it is very likely impossbile to have Vista64 automatically disable the signatures on bootup because Microsoft forced this inablility. Therefore, it requires a macro..brilliant. So I found this little macro program that literally presses F8 and disables the signatures as a little macro, which is kind of cool. You can sit there and watch the macro run, i.e. it will go to the F8 preboot screen and it will select disable signatures by itself. Granted, there are many disclosures about using it at your own risk. I have images made of my hard drive so it really doesn't matter if my machine blows up because I can just reimage it.Therefore, I went for it. The install was very smooth and flawless. I rebooted Vista 64 and watched the macro run right in front of my eyes. I then went into windows and TileProxy worked perfectly.It is a little scary though if you don't have an image of your drive or everything in your life is on your pc and it cannot be tampered with...however, if you have the capabilities to restore if something goes wrong, then I highly recommend this.ReadyDriverPlus v1.1http://www.citadel.co.nr/readydriverplus/

Guest craneduitre
First, I learned that it is very likely impossbile to have Vista64 automatically disable the signatures on bootup because Microsoft forced this inablility. Therefore, it requires a macro..brilliant. So I found this little macro program that literally presses F8 and disables the signatures as a little macro, which is kind of cool. You can sit there and watch the macro run, i.e. it will go to the F8 preboot screen and it will select disable signatures by itself. Granted, there are many disclosures about using it at your own risk. I have images made of my hard drive so it really doesn't matter if my machine blows up because I can just reimage it.Therefore, I went for it. The install was very smooth and flawless. I rebooted Vista 64 and watched the macro run right in front of my eyes. I then went into windows and TileProxy worked perfectly.It is a little scary though if you don't have an image of your drive or everything in your life is on your pc and it cannot be tampered with...however, if you have the capabilities to restore if something goes wrong, then I highly recommend this.ReadyDriverPlus v1.1http://www.citadel.co.nr/readydriverplus/
Thanks you !! :)How long FSX is loading a map with TileProxy running ?When it's a new area its about 30 min :( for me. On my previous PC it was very fast (tiles 15).Then onle difference is that now I'm on vista 64, and I'm not sure the wireless signal is as good....

Guest pbsmgm
Thanks you !! :)How long FSX is loading a map with TileProxy running ?When it's a new area its about 30 min :( for me. On my previous PC it was very fast (tiles 15).Then onle difference is that now I'm on vista 64, and I'm not sure the wireless signal is as good....
I load FSX using TileProxy maxed out on settings almost as fast as loading FSX by itself maxed out on display settings and autogen.

Guest goingballistic

I've got another thread on this problem about loading Tile Proxy on Vista 64, does this really work? I ask because if I hit the f8 on boot and disable driver signing myself I still can't get it to load Tile Proxy because Vista says the drivers aren't signed, so the load fails. I've heard that hitting the F8 key no longer works, now this thread says it does.What service pack are you running for Vista?What version of Vista, 64 or 32?When was the last time you tried this?