Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Can't Edit Aircraft cfg file

I am trying to update all of the aircraft in the feel there 737 PIC fleet so that the ATC calls them by airline name. In order to do this, I think i need to update the cfg file by adding the airline name line. Only problem is when I go to save, i get a message that says I can't. This must have something to do with permission or editing rights, but I know it can be changed. Can someone help?

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I'm not familiar with the PIC fleet but if all else fails you could always copy and paste everything into a new text document and save that. Not sure if that will work.In case you mean the User Account Control (UAC) from Vista, you can turn that off by opening up the Control Panel, and type in "UAC" into the search box. You'll see a link for "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off.

For those who don't want to turn off UAC, If you open NotePad, navigate to your cfg file, edit,save. That works, too.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.