Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom R

Video Card Overclock.

Guest Tom R

Hey guys,I have an eVGA 8800GTS 640mb vid card and i'd like to overclock it.Is it really worth it?I do have a waterblock on it which runs on the same loop that my o/c'd e8500 runs on.i thought, since i have the cooling i should just o/c the video card too.Has anyone tried this?any fps increase w/ fsx?Thanks in advance.

I have my 8800gt OC'd. Not a great change, but every little bit helps.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hi TomGive it a go for sure. Go to Guru3d.com and download RivaTuner - there are many online articles about how to use RivaTuner to oc your gpu. As FSX is a CPU limited title there will be very limited benefit in FSX from o'cing your GPU - other games will benefit more.Konrad

Konrad

I have the same video card and it overclocks well... But the "real" benefits will occur when you o'c your CPU to 4ghz or higher.I have also the same CPU and it overclocks well up in the low 4 ghz. You didn't mention which mb you're using...(using here Asus P5Q pro)To get to 4ghz though, you need to work a little harder than "getting to 3.8". Meaning, you need to read about the o'c options of your mband which settings work best: you need to tweak the Northbridge and the memory.So, you overclock the CPU, NB, the mem & the video card and then you get the results in FSX. Well worth it.Pierre

Pierre