Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stompy

Can someone help?

I have just purchased a 2nd monitor - when using fs2002 and i try to drag a window (i.e controls or map view) on to the second monitor, it seems to reduce frame rate and is completely un playable!Do i need to set up any settings etc?Thanks in advanceMatt

Guest ba747heavy

If you drag any 3D accelerated view to your non-windows primary montor(ie the outside view), your puter will crawl. What you have to do is the undock(right click on the view, 'Undock') the view. This should only be done with views that have no outside showing.Hope this helps:D

I do undock - but what do you mean by 'no outside showing'?Also - if i manage to get it to work, will fs remember the settings?

Guest ba747heavy

Well, if you look to your left, and right click the outside view, you get the option of undocking the view(in this case, the outside view looking left) Very bad! This is what I mean by 'no outside viewing'.And no, FS will not remember your settings.

Guest Stompy

And don't drag the ATC window over to your second monitor either. Apparently that's an outside view as well. ;-)

Guest drobson

If you have such things as the GPS, radio stack, etc., on the secondary, fs will remember their placement as long as you click the Icon for each from the main panel, (before exiting the sim), which closes the window on the secondary monitor. At least is does for me. I have my default set to be where I last was when I exited. So, if I have the GPS on the secondary, I simply click the GPS icon from the main panel, and then exit the sim. When I come back the next time and click the icon, the GPS window displays on the secondary monitor exactly like it was before.Darrell

Guest Stompy

Oh, sweet! Thanks for the great tip. I hadn't thought of that!