I'm interested in the product XPAX, but I have one question regarding this product.Is it possible to de-activate the loading option?I'm using addon airplanes of PMDG, and I load the cargo/fuel through a loadmanager. Since I have to make a fuelplanning based on the payload, I need to know the exact weight of the airplane up front. If I would use the loading feature of XPAX (which is random), it is hard to calculate an accurate fuel load based on the weight.So if there is a way to not use the loading feature of XPAX, and use the rest of the program (sounds and approval ratings), I would be very interested.Jon

Guest lingfors
I'm interested in the product XPAX, but I have one question regarding this product.Is it possible to de-activate the loading option?I'm using addon airplanes of PMDG, and I load the cargo/fuel through a loadmanager. Since I have to make a fuelplanning based on the payload, I need to know the exact weight of the airplane up front. If I would use the loading feature of XPAX (which is random), it is hard to calculate an accurate fuel load based on the weight.So if there is a way to not use the loading feature of XPAX, and use the rest of the program (sounds and approval ratings), I would be very interested.Jon
Yes, it is possible, at least with the latest patch(es).

Where is this option exactly located? I've studied the online documentation and screenshots, but I didn't find this option. Could someone please post a screenshot where this option is located?Jon

Hi,All you will do is have a Manifest of zero. And you can do this from the Diagram screen by setting the number of passengers and crew to zero.

But if I set the passengers & crew to zero, will I still be able to hear all the sounds playing and get an approval rating from the passengers?Jon

Install all the available patches for XPax. Then on the Options page, there should be an option to not modify weights and balance, near the upper-left corner of the Options page (sorry, at work right now). You still use the load and passenger and weights page while setting up a flight, they just won't affect the aircraft.cfg file. So for example, I use TopCat to get my LvL-D 763 loaded up and configured, then use XPax without modifying the aircraft, and set the passengers and load to those values in TopCat for simulation purposes only.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi,All you will do is have a Manifest of zero. And you can do this from the Diagram screen by setting the number of passengers and crew to zero.
The reply I got from jordanal (just above this post) seems more logical than yours. Could you please confirm that jordanal's explanation is the correct way to use XPAX without the loading feature but WITH the passenger sounds playing and approval rating feature?If I would be setting everything to zero, then it doesn't seem logical that any passenger sounds will be played, because there are no passengers on board. Same applies to the approval rating.Jon

Hi,I didn't have XPax installed to directly check.Yes, either method will work.Sounds are wav files that are played triggered by certain events and not by passenger counts. The same is true of approval ratings.Thanks!