Sign in to follow this  
Guest 56th_Angel_Dust

Captain Sim 727 Pro

Guest 56th_Angel_Dust

I got this in my e-mail this morning apparently its a preview to the upcoming Captain Sim 727 pro pack. Looks like they finally got one going with a VC now. Looks great but I wonder how well its going to run, I made the mistake of purchasing their 757 :( . I have only used it once because it kills my frames so quickly. If this runs like their C-130 though we are gonna be in for a treat. oh yea here is the linkhttp://www.captainsim.com/products/x727/pro/

Guest wavn
I got this in my e-mail this morning apparently its a preview to the upcoming Captain Sim 727 pro pack. Looks like they finally got one going with a VC now. Looks great but I wonder how well its going to run, I made the mistake of purchasing their 757 :( . I have only used it once because it kills my frames so quickly. If this runs like their C-130 though we are gonna be in for a treat. oh yea here is the linkhttp://www.captainsim.com/products/x727/pro/

Guest wavn

"Looks like they finally got one going with a VC now" Great: Captain Sim is one of the best!"I made the mistake of purchasing their 757 . I have only used it once because it kills my frames so quickly":Have heard this before, but it is not my experience at all: have the 757 in fsx with resolution 2560*1600 and it has very good fps; their 757 is sooooo good!Willem

Have heard this before, but it is not my experience at all: have the 757 in fsx with resolution 2560*1600 and it has very good fps; their 757 is sooooo good!
I agree, I get great FPS with the 757 and love flying it.The 727 looks like its going to be sweet :(

Well, I've been waiting for Dreamfleet to get motivated, but I don't think it's going to happen. I loved their old 727, and sorely missed it after moving to FSX. I will wait until there are a few reports from braver purchasers than me for the moment, though. Captain Sim has an awful long way to go to catch up to Flight1 and many others..

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Until CS prove that they are willing to support their products, namely by fixing the buggy FMC in the 757, I will not consider another purchase. Very frustrating and disappointing to sit in a beautiful VC with broken systems and an unflyable airplane.

Guest wavn
Until CS prove that they are willing to support their products, namely by fixing the buggy FMC in the 757, I will not consider another purchase. Very frustrating and disappointing to sit in a beautiful VC with broken systems and an unflyable airplane.
Well, that may be true (I use the FMC also, but have no problems until now - maybe I don't use it in the way you use it), but what I said: Captain Sim is for me one of the very best.I have buyed so many add-ons (I think the last year for about EUR 750,-- (possible even 1000,--) and that was scenery and aircraft; of all the aircraft I have buyed: I repeat: the CS757 is one of the best (of course my opinion only)What makes me feel this way:One of the most important things with virtual flying for me is: do you (a little bit) get the feeling that it is real: with the CS757 you get that feeling in all kind of ways:- the outside look: not a kind of plasic look as you see with a lot of others but a worn, a bit dirty look- the inside look: also this not a plastic look but a "real" a bit dirty look- the behaviour on the ground: you can "feel" that it is a "big iron"- behaviour in the air and flight dynamics: the same- starting procedure: makes you think you really do this job- sound: for me a real soundFor the freighter there are the nice animated cargo load / ofload simulationsWillem

"I made the mistake of purchasing their 757 . I have only used it once because it kills my frames so quickly":Have heard this before, but it is not my experience at all: have the 757 in fsx with resolution 2560*1600 and it has very good fps; their 757 is sooooo good!Willem
Since we started the Petraeus Index, it's become apparent that people get wildly different framerates with the Captain Sim 757. I find this myself. I cannot get into double figures on my E8600 dual core with 4Gb, yet it actually runs faster on my wife's five-year-old machine. Is this a difference between Vista and Windows XP, or Intel and AMD, or nVidia and ATI? Who knows. But in terms of framerate, Captain Sim is a big gamble.

Petraeus

Well, that may be true (I use the FMC also, but have no problems until now - maybe I don't use it in the way you use it), but what I said: Captain Sim is for me one of the very best.I have buyed so many add-ons (I think the last year for about EUR 750,-- (possible even 1000,--) and that was scenery and aircraft; of all the aircraft I have buyed: I repeat: the CS757 is one of the best (of course my opinion only)Willem
Willem,I suspect you either import your flight plans into the FMC or manually input each waypoint. Any use of the DEP/ARR page will crash FSX if you alter the flight plan in any way after that.To me importing a flight plan or manually entering waypoints for entire SID's, STAR's and approaches is not realistic nor very "Pro".The 757 would be a decent add-on if the FMC gets fixed, but they've known about this bug for a long time and haven't done anything about it.

Guest PPSFA

I have zero problems with the 757 now, and it is one of the best addons I have. The one thing you need to understand is that their customers do the customer support, so you are pretty much on your own.Im looking forward to the 727 as it is my all time favorite tubeliner.

Guest kwilson
Will you have to buy all 3 engines separately in blocks? :(
LOL. Cruel but fair.Have their 727 for FS9 and that's very good on the framerates. Plus I guess they don't need to make an FMC for a 727? Not even CS could stuff this up ?!?

Guest SkullxBones
Any use of the DEP/ARR page will crash FSX if you alter the flight plan in any way after that.To me importing a flight plan or manually entering waypoints for entire SID's, STAR's and approaches is not realistic nor very "Pro".The 757 would be a decent add-on if the FMC gets fixed, but they've known about this bug for a long time and haven't done anything about it.
I didn't know this was a problem, I can select DEP/APP's in the FMC and add them without any problem. If I remember correctly, it doesn't fill in some of the speed/alt restrictions but that might be because I updated the SID/STARS from planepath and don't know how compatible it is. Hopefully Navigraph will be coming out with support for it. It would also be nice if it would autotune the ILS frequency. Mine is pretty hard on the FPS, about the same as the PMDG747, but I just load up a saved display setting that I created for FPS demanding aircraft and it's pretty smooth.

Guest wavn

"I suspect you either import your flight plans into the FMC or manually input each waypoint"I only use the FMC for navigation; further I am a manual flyer (with AP of course) and a "manual lander" :( I also had the 727 of CS for fs9 (about 8 years agoo); this was in that time a pretty big advance in add-on quality (The Dreamfleet 727 for fs9 was introduced some years later and that was i.m.o. again major to the CS one).But sad enough CS did a bad job with the introducing policy of their 727 and gave with that stabil ground for the CS smashers.It may be true that on some fronts CS let some feathers (but which add-on manufacturer didn't do so) but for me that was never a major point.Their overall quality is unsurpassed (i.m.o. same as lvld / pmdg).Willem

I want my Captain Sim F-104 for FSX and I will continue to whine until I get my Captain Sim F-104 for FSX. :(